Home

Is there any information on what will be adjusted via TUNERS as opposed to patches?

This is a discussion on Is there any information on what will be adjusted via TUNERS as opposed to patches? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 28
Is there any information on what will be adjusted via TUNERS as opposed to patches?

I was wondering if anyone knows what might be adjusted via the tuners? I know for one thing, power move DTs need to be toned down and the elite finesse move DEs need to be turned up.

Also, has anyone noticed that sometimes on draw plays, the defensive lineman turn their back and run with the running back before tackling him? Happens from time to time.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Is there any information on what will be adjusted via TUNERS as opposed to patche

I hope that if they tune power moves they don't simultaneously destroy them for power-based DEs though - which I could see happening.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Is there any information on what will be adjusted via TUNERS as opposed to patche

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I was wondering if anyone knows what might be adjusted via the tuners? I know for one thing, power move DTs need to be toned down and the elite finesse move DEs need to be turned up.

Also, has anyone noticed that sometimes on draw plays, the defensive lineman turn their back and run with the running back before tackling him? Happens from time to time.
I've seen that a couple times on other runs as well with the defenders turning their backs/running away from the back before tackling. I don't know if it's some weird pursuit angle (they seem to tackle when the back is even or starting to get ahead - why don't they just attack and fill the hole?)

As far as the moves - I really just want the finesse moves to work the same as power moves and then sliders can adjust overall effectiveness of both, though I guess that doesn't help online folks.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Not to hijack OP's thread but...

How are "tuner sets" downloaded? Are they included in a roster update? Or is it something I'll be prompted to download like a standard patch?

( OK.. I basically hijacked OP's thread :P )
Old 10-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

There has been no mention of a tuner whatsoever. None, zero, nada.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #6
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
There has been no mention of a tuner whatsoever. None, zero, nada.
Which is a disappointment...

I don't have any huge gripes about the gameplay myself. But they led off with tuner updates (and surprise onside kicks) as the Super Bowl halftime feature reveal. And to think that the first feature talked about hasn't even been used is head scratching.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Which is a disappointment...

I don't have any huge gripes about the gameplay myself. But they led off with tuner updates (and surprise onside kicks) as the Super Bowl halftime feature reveal. And to think that the first feature talked about hasn't even been used is head scratching.
I agree. It's very frustrating that nothing has been talked about in regards to tuners. Give us something, like hey we are working on a tuner set or even if you're not going to be using them at least let us know that nothing is in the works so everyone isn't wondering about them.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

I posted the question to Justin, the CM for Madden, and this was his response:

nothing that I can speak to right now, bit I'll keep you posted.

So either no news is good news or.....................

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »