Home

To enjoy 2k12, you have to make the CPU more 'stupid'.

This is a discussion on To enjoy 2k12, you have to make the CPU more 'stupid'. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
To enjoy 2k12, you have to make the CPU more 'stupid'.

Have you noticed when you dribble around the paint the CPU has this 'mirrored' defense, like the cpu will basically automatically and instantly mirror your movements regardless of where you go, which means it's frustratingly difficult to get to the basket for fouls and easy layups.

Another thing, have you noticed how the CPU, even on Pro difficulty will 99% of the time go for the most intelligent shot. Like, they pretty much never make a bad shot, or they never ever go for a shot that they probably shouldn't have. I don't mind a challenge, I welcome it, but it's just so annoying when the CPU plays like in a manner that you can only describe as robotic. I find it SO annoying how the cpu can just drive to the basket like I'm not there, but when I try to do the exact same move as them they instantly mirror my movements so I can't get to the rim. I play pretty good defense, but I'm not so good that I can instantly mirror the opposing players movements, I'm not psychic, and the CPU shouldn't be either, it's just absurd.

So for anyone who can understand what I mean, I have a fix. Simply reduce the Offensive and Defensive awareness of the CPU under attributes to anything under 30. Yep, that low. Instantly I noticed differences. For once Joe Johnson didn't get 17/19 shooting. For once he actually made mistakes. For once I could do a jab step and then go the other way with Kobe and actually successfully get to the rim and draw a foul. Another thing, reduce the CPU's On-Ball Defense sliders. This creates less automated cheese bumping animations when on D. I still lose games and I still win games, but now it all just feels so much more real, authentic and less frustrating.

EDIT: I play Allstar, Sim.

Last edited by farhannius; 10-17-2011 at 01:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 12:32 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: To enjoy 2k12, you have to make the CPU more 'stupid'.

This has been a huge issue for me, as far as gameplay is concerned. It's frustrating to have the CPU completely lock you down on defense, making it impossible to drive to the basket and then blow by you on offense, while you're playing good defense. I'll definitely try this out.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:12 AM   #3
Rookie

Another thing, reduce the CPU's On-Ball Defense. This also lessens their cheese defense.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:23 AM   #4
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

I never heard of cheese defense wow these forums are really being flooded with this type of stuff smh.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:31 AM   #5
All Star

Jonesy's Arena

OVR: 27

My only real complaint really is how the cpu will magically hit a pass away even if they are facing the complete opposite direction like they have eye's in the back of their heads but other than that I'm getting a great experience and stats with default sliders and settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 01:49 AM   #6
Rookie

danjeffery08's Arena

OVR: 3

this is spot on, threw my controller at the wall the other day, never did that before
Old 10-17-2011, 01:54 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy
My only real complaint really is how the cpu will magically hit a pass away even if they are facing the complete opposite direction like they have eye's in the back of their heads but other than that I'm getting a great experience and stats with default sliders and settings.
Yep I hear you. Again this is sorted with reducing the Offensive and Defensive Awareness slider. Reduce those sliders and the CPU's on-ball defense slider and you'll be having a much better NBA 2k12 experience.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:32 AM   #8
Rookie

Download and use these sliders for the PC version.

//www.mediafire.com/?14dr3burffcx7af

I use them in Hall of Fame difficulty and I get close, fun and "realistic" games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »