Home

Agree/Disagree: The CPU plays a highly annoying style of offense

This is a discussion on Agree/Disagree: The CPU plays a highly annoying style of offense within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
Pro

TeddyKGB's Arena

OVR: 4
Agree/Disagree: The CPU plays a highly annoying style of offense

If you can call pounding the rock for 23 seconds then popping a contested jumper a style.

For some reason this seems worse in 2K12 than it was last year.

edit: Meant to post this in the main forum. Oops.

Last edited by TeddyKGB; 10-14-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Cool Re: Agree/Disagree: The CPU plays a highly annoying style of offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKGB
If you can call pounding the rock for 23 seconds then popping a contested jumper a style.

For some reason this seems worse in 2K12 than it was last year.

edit: Meant to post this in the main forum. Oops.
I do agree the game is a nice game but I do think that with this year u have to take ur time playing this game. Because its like the game is so smart now and the CPU is really good it. Don't have that smooth freeplay style like NBA 2k11 had so yeah. This game u have to try to score every possession u get the ball and never over play the defense.don't try to figure the defense next move because u will get beat everytime. Real talk and u don't have to play with the sliders because I really think that this how they want the game to be. so yeah we just have to play smart this year real talk.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #3
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Agree/Disagree: The CPU plays a highly annoying style of offense

Disagree. The CPU when configured correctly plays an amazing game of basketball. I wish I had a capture card to post videos.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Try some of the sliders around these forums, in most of them you will find yourself taken to school by the CPU
Old 10-20-2011, 11:37 PM   #5
Pro

WizardJay's Arena

OVR: 2

Cpu cheeses too much like an online player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 03:37 AM   #6
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

CPU runs around frantically behind screens and amid chaos. They have a different speed then we do and I don't understand that, why are they able to do things we can't. I'm still losing the ball with Derrick rose but big men can't crazy dribble and keep the ball.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #7
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Disagree. The CPU when configured correctly plays an amazing game of basketball. I wish I had a capture card to post videos.
Could you be a little more specific when you said "configured correctly"? Are you referring to sliders, individual tendencies, play books, or coaching profiles? (Or all of the above?) One thing I have noticed is that when I lowered the size-up tendencies and raised "no set up dribble" there was much less unnecessary dribbling around. But I am still working on coming up with a system that = more efficient offense by the CPU. Any thoughts? For the record, I feel the game gives us enough options to tweak the gameplay to compete with 2k11, it just seems way off "out of the box."
Old 10-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #8
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
Could you be a little more specific when you said "configured correctly"? Are you referring to sliders, individual tendencies, play books, or coaching profiles? (Or all of the above?) One thing I have noticed is that when I lowered the size-up tendencies and raised "no set up dribble" there was much less unnecessary dribbling around. But I am still working on coming up with a system that = more efficient offense by the CPU. Any thoughts? For the record, I feel the game gives us enough options to tweak the gameplay to compete with 2k11, it just seems way off "out of the box."
There is no ONE correct way, but out-of-the-box is certainly not it. Any well executed combination of coach profiles, individual tendencies, play books, play types, and sliders will produce one of the best sim experiences in sports gaming by the CPU.

I have my own way of doing it and have publicly shared most of the changes that have been made to the rosters, coach profiles, and sliders in Google Docs. Others have different ways that are no better or worse in my eyes and I'm sure they will end up with much better gameplay than the default out-of-the-box experience as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »