Home

Players not playing enough minutes in Association

This is a discussion on Players not playing enough minutes in Association within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-11-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Players not playing enough minutes in Association

I simmed about 10 different seasons with 10 different rosters/roles/rotation/fatigue/injuries settings and it is always the same: top starters (Kobe, LeBron, Durant) are playing about 34 minutes a game, and many of them will even request a trade because they are unhappy with their minutes.

Is there any way to fix this??? (Keep in mind that I already tweaked rosters/roles/rotation/fatigue/injuries, etc. like I wrote above).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Players not playing enough minutes in Association

Nope its designed that way, you have to monitor mins manually (don't use "have cpu adjust lineup") oh and u must use 30 team control..
Old 10-11-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Nope its designed that way, you have to monitor mins manually (don't use "have cpu adjust lineup") oh and u must use 30 team control..
In other words, it's broken??? Why would 2K mess with the minutes at all??? They were perfect in 2K11 . . .
Old 10-11-2011, 10:47 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

I have been talking about this since launch. 2K11 wasn't perfect with rotations but it was acceptable. I don't know what 2k did but I cant play association with rotation minutes like this. I tried controlling all teams but you have to adjust minutes for all teams every season. Its to much of a hassle. I really hope they patch this. 80% of the starters minutes are set to 34. Its ridiculous.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:28 PM   #5
Rookie

I buy the 2K games for the offline associations. If they don't patch this, I really don't know what I will do. Micromanaging 30 teams is not my cup of tea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 11:48 PM   #6
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
I have been talking about this since launch. 2K11 wasn't perfect with rotations but it was acceptable. I don't know what 2k did but I cant play association with rotation minutes like this. I tried controlling all teams but you have to adjust minutes for all teams every season. Its to much of a hassle. I really hope they patch this. 80% of the starters minutes are set to 34. Its ridiculous.
You have been, you essentially saved me $60+. I cannot go through another year of micro-managing 30 teams. I really wish they wouldve taken more time on this mode.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:15 AM   #7
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
They need to redo player roles, a player set to "bench" should not be getting minutes thrown his way..

2k, it should be 5 starters 1 6th man and 4 role players...The 11th & 12th man are not rotation players, they only see playing time when the opportunity presents itself..

The CPU give those guys anywhere between 6-10 minutes each depending on the team and how high they are rated, that's potentially 20 mins taking away from starters and key role players and we all know what happens when players are not getting they're minutes....

The AI typically give the starters 33-34 mins for rotations no matter what team is used or rating.

Also if they atleast spread those extra 20mins around, starters would get between 35-36 mins per game...

Foul trouble is surprisingly not the culprit this year..Just programing

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jukeman; 10-12-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:25 AM   #8
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Have you checked your rosters for the minutes assigned in rotations?

Most of the superstars are set to 36 which would equal about 34-35 minutes per game played. These players should have minutes set to 37-41 in order to get a realistic number of minutes played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »