Home

Question on having a star WR in the slot with A Potential

This is a discussion on Question on having a star WR in the slot with A Potential within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Question on having a star WR in the slot with A Potential

Okay so I did a fantasy draft and have the likes of Sidney Rice and Kenny Britt. I am currently trying to do a trade for Mike Wallace so I will have a beast WR core. Mike Wallace 87 overall who has A potential and is 25 years of age would be my slot WR just b/c of speed. In doing so I have heard that his lvl increase matters on where he is put on the depth chart. Will that mean if he is the #3 WR he will not increase as much as the #1 WR Kenny Britt who has an A potential as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
Rookie

KCsFinest5's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Question on having a star WR in the slot with A Potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by III_Eagle_III
Okay so I did a fantasy draft and have the likes of Sidney Rice and Kenny Britt. I am currently trying to do a trade for Mike Wallace so I will have a beast WR core. Mike Wallace 87 overall who has A potential and is 25 years of age would be my slot WR just b/c of speed. In doing so I have heard that his lvl increase matters on where he is put on the depth chart. Will that mean if he is the #3 WR he will not increase as much as the #1 WR Kenny Britt who has an A potential as well?
My honest (and harsh) opinion. I don't think the game is smart enough to progress by depth chart. BUT, if you simulate and Wallace takes a statistical hit, then he would not progress as well (in theory).
Old 10-11-2011, 03:02 PM   #3
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

In my experience, progression is based on statistics and their correlation to other players in the rough age group/year of that player, and potential - that's it. I have no issues progressing players lower on the depth chart at a similar rate assuming potential and age are similar if the stats are as well.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0
He should progress fine. I drafted two A potential WR and they both progressed into the 90s without seeing much time. Even the one I had as my 4th stringer.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Appreciate the responses guys. I am new to franchise mode so this will definitely help. How about Rookies with A potential or guys 24 old and under. How much do they progress each season/more than people who older of age ex: age 28 with A potential?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #6
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Age makes virtually no difference until they get old enough to regress, what really affects their progression is how many years they have been in the league. So rookies, 2nd, and 3rd year players will progress by far the most and then taper off.

This is basically to prevent rookies that come out at 20 from being a ton better than 24 year old rookies, or players like Cameron Wake who came into the league very late but still got better each year.

A 28 year old who has been in the league for awhile will generally not progress without an outrageous season, and they could regress at that age with a poor season. Quarterbacks do seem to progress for a bit longer in my experience, but still slowly after the first 3 years.

Age of course does matter when comparing stats for progression (IE a 25 year-old progresses vs other 25 year-olds via his stats).

Last edited by Pandetta; 10-11-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:46 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

I don't care about the others,I just like Kobe,haha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »