Home

Passing help

This is a discussion on Passing help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-10-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Passing help

Apparently I simply cannot pass in this game. I find the CPU pass defense to be ridiculously good. No matter who I pass to or how wide open when I pass the ball either 3 or 4 CPU defenders converge instantly to stop the play, or a LB 20 yards away leaps up and tips the ball, or the receiver simply drops the ball or doesn't even turn around to attempt to catch it. It is getting to the point that I am ready to throw this game in the trash. I have a 90+ QB and 80-90+ WRs, with the CPU pass defense set at 0 and I am still only completing 30-40% of my passes. Last game the "mighty" San Jose State had 18 deflections...

I am at wits end with this game....are their any settings to fix this???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 10:30 PM   #2
Banned

psychicDB's Arena

OVR: 2
Check out the sliders subforum. While passing in 12 does suck in general, sliders (basically sets of custom settings that severely change gameplay) can help mitigate it to some degree.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
Banned

Re: Passing help

I think "sucks" is putting it mildly. This is by far the worst football game I have ever played. Just tried playmaker's settings with two exceptions. I left my QBA at 50 and put the CPU PD at 0. As Oregon my passing game was dominated by Ohio (Not OSU mind you) losing 27-23 at home. My QB had 4 Ints and had a completion percentage of just around 30%. The CPU had 19 deflections and my QB was sacked 9 times...all coverage sacks. My 90+ wideouts were blanketed by Ohio's 60-70 DBs. The LB's and DB's are literally jumping to swat before I even throw the ball. The only pass play that seems to work is 4 verticals....and don't get me started on how horribly screen plays work...apparently my 5 blockers in front are never able to stop that one defender from getting through to tackle my back for a loss....

Gonna try my QBA at 100 and CPU PD and PR at 0. If that doesn't work I am trading this piece of junk in, and going back to Madden for my football fix.

Last edited by thomhunt; 10-11-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:37 AM   #4
Rookie

Goofybub23's Arena

When I first got the game I sucked it all over the field, It was so bad I put it down and stopped playing, for a couple months I started playing again recently but I knocked it down to varsity, and I am having a blast, I don't know if it's less realistic, and I don't know what you play on. But I do know I enjoy it more with the difficulty a little lower
Old 10-11-2011, 03:21 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 19

I play on hiesman no sliders and love the passing game. With saying that I struggle as well. I play 10 min quarters and only pass around 30 times a game with a 50-60% completion percentage. I like it and it gives me a challenge. Honestly some good advice is to play smarter. Mix up run n pass in the same formations. Keep it simple and don't take to many risks. Just like real life. People crack me up when they wanna throw away a game cuz their no good at it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 03:30 AM   #6
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

OVR: 14

I've only had one game where my completion % dropped beneath 60 and it made me sick to my stomach. I threw the ball 50 times in that game and I hate looking at that stat line.

With that said, you'll get better at it but I do think the game is rather unpredictable at times. I torched Alabama for 450 yards and 4 TD's then the very next week I couldn't complete a pass either because of tips or drops to save my life against Toledo.
Chicago Blackhawks
Old 10-11-2011, 03:31 AM   #7
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomhunt
I am at wits end with this game....are their any settings to fix this???
The best "passing" advice I can offer is this... just "pass" on this game entirely. Your sanity will be kept in tact and your future self will thank you one day!

Old 10-11-2011, 03:34 AM   #8
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
The best "passing" advice I can offer is this... just "pass" on this game entirely. Your sanity will be kept in tact and your future self will thank you one day!
LOL, I'm watching that episode right now....
Chicago Blackhawks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »