Home

Okay, so it's flat out impossible to pass on a 2-on-1 break

This is a discussion on Okay, so it's flat out impossible to pass on a 2-on-1 break within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-10-2011, 06:15 AM   #1
Pro

TeddyKGB's Arena

OVR: 4
Okay, so it's flat out impossible to pass on a 2-on-1 break

The cpu defender - and there is ALWAYS one man back - plays the middle with incredible discipline and steals or deflects everything that isn't an alley-oop. There is no window to pass the rock. The defender never commits, because he doesn't have to - even if I keep the ball and take it strong to the rim, he still manages to force a contact layup animation and a miss.

Am I alone here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 07:03 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Okay, so it's flat out impossible to pass on a 2-on-1 break

ur not alone, what i do is, i drive to the paint and go in real close for the pass

i really miss those fast breaks passing on 2k11...
Old 10-10-2011, 07:29 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 17

Those fast break passes on 2k11 were pure cheese and totaly unrealistic. I love the new FB logic and in a 2 on 1 situation I score on 80% of chances. If the defender covers the cutter you just finish it with your ball handler.

“I never thought I’d lead the NBA in rebounding, but I got a lot of help from my team-mates – they did a lot of missing.”-Moses Malone
Old 10-10-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 2

Passing is a little bit sluggish not just in fastbreaks but in too many cases...

I think the system is really broken and they should work on it to correct it in the patch (if there is gonna be one). The ball seems to be in the moon (almost no gravity) many times and that reception animation (when your player can not catch the ball properly even when the pass came from 2-3 meters) is happening way too often...

Cheers! ;-)
Old 10-10-2011, 07:37 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 22

yeah, they need to fix the passing. Only way for me to finish fast break in my player is to pull up..
2001 Lakers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 08:28 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian
Passing is a little bit sluggish not just in fastbreaks but in too many cases...

I think the system is really broken and they should work on it to correct it in the patch (if there is gonna be one). The ball seems to be in the moon (almost no gravity) many times and that reception animation (when your player can not catch the ball properly even when the pass came from 2-3 meters) is happening way too often...

Cheers! ;-)
I thought it was me not playing that good against the CPU, but it does seem like the passing is sluggish sometimes. I've had 3 on 1 fastbreaks and try to zip the ball to the open man on the wing or going to the basket but alot of times the pass floats to the teammate and the CPU gets a easy steal. Is there a certain slider we can adjust to fix this?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:34 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I have found one somewhat helpful strategy to be passing earlier than I think I have to. Since the passing is a little delayed between input and action, I realized I can't really wait until my ballhandler hits the top of the key before initiating a pass. If I wait until that point, the pass won't really leave his hands until he's even closer to the hoop, thus allowing the defender to guard both players at once (and likely deflect the pass). Passing early is not a complete solution, but I'm hopeful it can help.

Overall (I spoke to this a little in the impressions thread) I believe there needs to be an ability to fluidly quick pass in fast break situations. Further, the logic behind which kind of pass needs to be made should also receive a major upgrade. The example I used previously was with the "drop-off" passes (where a guard leading the break may dump it to a trailer). In NBA 2K12, passing to a trailer means the guard will have to turn all the way around and often slowly chest pass to the man trailing the play. It looks terribly awkward. It'd be nice to have the inclusion of "drop-back pass" animations. Similarly, it'd be nice to have the inclusion of quick, sharp, lane-filling fast break passes (ones not as easily disrupted by a single defender).
Old 10-10-2011, 08:44 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
Those fast break passes on 2k11 were pure cheese and totaly unrealistic. I love the new FB logic and in a 2 on 1 situation I score on 80% of chances. If the defender covers the cutter you just finish it with your ball handler.

when rajon rondo throws a lob pass on a quick fast break, u know something wrong

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »