Home

Too Few Free Agents

This is a discussion on Too Few Free Agents within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Too Few Free Agents

I've been trying to create some classic teams and realized how much I miss the massive amount of FA that were in 2k11 but not 2k12. No Iverson for the old Sixers. No Darius Miles for the old Clippers (I understand this one since he's possibly in jail). No Starbury, Larry Hughes, or Wally Szczerbiak. I tried to make the '01 Lakers and realized I even miss Mark Madsen.

2K really did ALL IT COULD to make it hard on classic roster editors. No editing of classic teams allowed. They screwed up the create a player system. Why 2K? I thought you guys read the forums! If they ever even stepped foot in the OS door, they would have seen the HUGE amount of interest in editing and downloading classic rosters!

Does anyone else feel the same way as me?

Phillies '80 '08
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #2
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Too Few Free Agents

I think a lot of the lack of free agents can be pointed at the lockout. I cannot be certain, but I am thinking that any free agents that were not with a team/did not play last year were not included because of NBPA/CBA reasons. When the lockout is over I bet we'll see a massive overhaul of rosters/FA pool.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:25 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Too Few Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naismithball
I've been trying to create some classic teams and realized how much I miss the massive amount of FA that were in 2k11 but not 2k12. No Iverson for the old Sixers. No Darius Miles for the old Clippers (I understand this one since he's possibly in jail). No Starbury, Larry Hughes, or Wally Szczerbiak. I tried to make the '01 Lakers and realized I even miss Mark Madsen.

2K really did ALL IT COULD to make it hard on classic roster editors. No editing of classic teams allowed. They screwed up the create a player system. Why 2K? I thought you guys read the forums! If they ever even stepped foot in the OS door, they would have seen the HUGE amount of interest in editing and downloading classic rosters!

Does anyone else feel the same way as me?
I'd guess legal issues--if they made it so we could just add the classic players that they didn't have and couldn't get the legal rights to, they would open themselves up to lawsuits from those players, just as EA has been sued by college players. Based on the way these cases have gone so far, 2K would likely prevail, but it's still expensive to litigate, even if you win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »