Home

How do you force contact and draw fouls?

This is a discussion on How do you force contact and draw fouls? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-08-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
How do you force contact and draw fouls?

I've been playing this game for few days and I still have no clue how to draw fouls. It's really frustrating to make it into the paint and either get murdered or blocked.

Then watch on the other side as the cpu just finishes there layups even when I'm all over them.

So, I have two questions actually how do you draw fouls? The second one being how do you force contact and block shots like the cpu does on defense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: How do you force contact and draw fouls?

1) I get fouled mostly on LT stick finishes it seems like....I average about 10 a game on All Star sim
2) Right Stick! this was driving me nuts until I discovered it....right stick up when they come in the lane.....
Old 10-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

I have charging at 100 and blocking at 55, but I have only seen 1 charging foul. Anyone else?
Old 10-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
Banned

btownbrawler's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
I have charging at 100 and blocking at 55, but I have only seen 1 charging foul. Anyone else?
its almost impossible to draw a charge...ive drawn 1 in like 60+ games now....
Old 10-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
1) I get fouled mostly on LT stick finishes it seems like....I average about 10 a game on All Star sim
2) Right Stick! this was driving me nuts until I discovered it....right stick up when they come in the lane.....
On the LT stick finishes do you finish the moves completely, or is it better to spin/hop step then pump fake the guy in the air?

On the right stick does the direction you push the stick in have anything to do with how you contest? I usually hold the stick up, I don't move it to the right or left much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I usually finish the moves.....or attempt to. I usually hop/euro to the open angle and it causes the defense to foul....i took a while to get it down but im a pro now...

alot of the times I can draw fouls by going directly at defenders, but I dont start from too far away....seems like you have to be alot closer to trigger some of the animations this year..

As far as defense, I only use "up" on the stick...you can move with the stick now...dont be afraid to use it....even if your out of position you can still pull off some contests and angle the defense....

Its a really cool mechanic that is overshadowed by some suspect AI sometimes lol
Old 10-08-2011, 05:25 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Play as the Heat and watch Dwyane Wade get to the line 10+ times. I've played two games so far with them and Wade's gotten to the line 18 times in both games. Eurostepping with Wade is almost unfair but he's so quick with it and it seems to draw the most contact when I drive to the basket. Wade is also notorious for using an escape dribble into a pump fake to draw the defender into a foul. I've been trying that out as well and so far, it has worked.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #8
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownbrawler
its almost impossible to draw a charge...ive drawn 1 in like 60+ games now....
It was the same last year, 30 blocking fouls and only 1 charging foul. I'm guessing they severely limited them due to mass outcry after 2k10 from people committing 15-20 charging fouls because they weren't smart enough to release the R2/RT or avoid a player when they set themselves to draw a charge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »