Home

I cant jump to contest shots ?????????

This is a discussion on I cant jump to contest shots ????????? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
I cant jump to contest shots ?????????

This game is against blocking jumpshots. I time my shot contest perfectly and yet all i do is put one hand up???? really 2k? I cant even leave my feet and the shooter just knocks down the jumper because i cant jump?

online on ball defense feels like sliding on ice, how are we supposed to play like this , is there a patch on the way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #2
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: I cant jump to contest shots ?????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugnificant
This game is against blocking jumpshots. I time my shot contest perfectly and yet all i do is put one hand up???? really 2k? I cant even leave my feet and the shooter just knocks down the jumper because i cant jump?

online on ball defense feels like sliding on ice, how are we supposed to play like this , is there a patch on the way?
Pull the left trigger to contest the shot, it wont block but it will contest the shot..

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 10-07-2011, 11:21 PM   #3
Banned

offense runs smooth online but defense is laggy and i shouldnt have to pull a trigger just to jump and block a excellent timed shot.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #4
Pro

WizardJay's Arena

I've been saying this since the game came out. The contest shot suck on this game, it's always like a their stuck or something. Just defense in general is not good on this game.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:16 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

dont know what ya'll talking bout, game plays great.never been happier with a bball game. learn to play the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2011, 01:23 AM   #6
Pro

WizardJay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippy987
dont know what ya'll talking bout, game plays great.never been happier with a bball game. learn to play the game.
LOL. Hey your funny, i've been blowing the Cpu almost ever game i've played since i've learn the controls. Meaning that this year 2k favored the offense more then trying to balance the game out, so when i say the defense sucks in the game im not talking about mine im talking about the Cpu.

It is way to easy for me too score on the Cpu even with adjusted sliders.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:46 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

It appears that this year, block shot isn't really block shot. Sometimes your player will commit and jump. Other times they'll just lazily put up half a hand. I don't know if this depends on the player's defense, how far you are from them, or other factors, but it's aggrivating not being able to block when you clearly command the player to block-- even if it comes late.

Last year the AI blocking assist favored you-- it seems that sometimes if you tapped the block button, but didn't fully commit, and (I'm assuming) your player's defense was good enough, it would do a non-committal half-block if your opponent wasn't actually putting up a shot.

This year's AI assist seems to go *against* you-- even when you want to put up a block, you're still not allowed to block, maybe because your defense is too low, or you're not positioned correctly, or you're too slow-- but too often it just feels like the computer arbitrarily decides you're not going to block.

Also, it feels like blocks lead to fouls a disproportionate amount of time. Has anyone been tracking whether this is realistic-- whether the attempted blocks that turn into fouls approximates real NBA percentages? It feels like 75% percent of my block attempts in the key turn into automatic fouls. Probably not that high but it certainly feels this way.

At times it feels like any block attempt will either:

1. Simply fail to result in a real block attempt.
2. Lead to an automatic foul.
3. Be avoided with an (almost uncanny) cpu pump fake.
4. Be shot over like it wasn't there.

Then if lucky, you might get:

5. The occasional effective contest.
6. A rare block (which I'm fine with).

I'd like to hear opinions of those who are more familiar with NBA block attempts and results and how things should look. I'm more bugged by 1 and 2, because it almost feels like the cpu either artificially hampers you from trying to block shots or punishes you if you do.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:44 AM   #8
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardJay
LOL. Hey your funny, i've been blowing the Cpu almost ever game i've played since i've learn the controls. Meaning that this year 2k favored the offense more then trying to balance the game out, so when i say the defense sucks in the game im not talking about mine im talking about the Cpu.

It is way to easy for me too score on the Cpu even with adjusted sliders.
And what difficulty are you playing on and what team, and if your beating the CPU with ease and you are not playing defense I find that interesting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »