Home

Real Rookies in My Player?

This is a discussion on Real Rookies in My Player? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Real Rookies in My Player?

has anyone been able to download a new roster with rookies from 2kshare, and then start up a new my player and have the real rookies in there? I mean like I would actually go up against kemba etc. in the rookie showcase?

I am asking because I have been waiting to start my player because I'd prefer to have real rookies, but the more I think about it: I think 2k made it so you can't actually have the rookies in the showcase with you as the showcase is considered a set event. Basically by this I mean that if you download new rosters, you are required to place the rookies on a team, so in my player, they won't actually be drafted with you because they would already be on their respective teams on the roster. Any truth to this?

If this is true, then the only way to get the real rookies in the showcase and into your my player mode would be to wait for the lockout to end correct?

My Youtube Channel, I will be uploading almost exclusively sports gaming vids, along with other general gaming content. I'd appreciate any subs or contributions you guys want to give :D
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Real Rookies in My Player?

They'll be in there just not in the rookie showcase or draft.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
Rookie

Ken North's Arena

OVR: 2

Might be worth remembering that everything that happens pre-draft actually has nothing to do with the rosters and the players you'd see after being drafted.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
So in that case, if we used a rookie roster, we would have two sets of rookies in my player correct? If so that kind of stinks, I might do create a legend for a while

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

My Youtube Channel, I will be uploading almost exclusively sports gaming vids, along with other general gaming content. I'd appreciate any subs or contributions you guys want to give :D
Old 10-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #5
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashFlang
So in that case, if we used a rookie roster, we would have two sets of rookies in my player correct?
Yes, there are still generated rookies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashFlang
So in that case, if we used a rookie roster, we would have two sets of rookies in my player correct? If so that kind of stinks, I might do create a legend for a while

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
I have started 7 My Players and I still have not seen any of the guys you play against in the showcase after the draft.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Furthering what nova said about the guys from the showcase never being seen again, if you go to the nba.com section of my player and check out rookie report, it's only your player, a guy from OKC and Rubio.

So it seems the gmae just ditches those showcase guys.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:05 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

The game was probably never coded for the Showcase and the MyPlayer career to be interrelated. The Showcase is a one time thing at the beginning of the MyPlayer mode. There is no need to bring the rookies into the season when they were already in the roster. That would mean they coded the game to remove the rookies from the default roster and then bring them back after the showcase.

The lockout is what exposed the code. If it weren't for the lockout, it seems most of us would have perceived the REAL rookies in the showcase as being transferred into the season when really, they are two separate events, with their own separate rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »