Home

Ok, I get passing.

This is a discussion on Ok, I get passing. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Ok, I get passing.

And it may actually be what we "asked" for.....

Theres not so much a delay in passing, but when you lead pass, the reciever heads in that direction first, then you complete the pass...if you do a bunch of L stick moving once youve initiated the sequence, youll mess it all up and wonkyness will ensue...

Hey, alot of people said the lead passes in 11 were unrealistic because it was all in one motion and way too quick...well here you go. If you dont hold the L stick will passing you WILL pass straight to your teamate...you probably dont realize your pressing it.

Anyway, passing just got a whole lot easier, thought id share.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Ok, I get passing.

Yeah, I figured this out once I noticed guys stepping in from the corner 3 on some drive and kicks, it's been better since.

This doesn't fix the fact that there are far too many long, drawn out pass animations. It can be an absolute nightmare trying to swing the ball around the perimeter. NBA players shouldn't have to turn their entire upper body to get a pass off.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #3
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Yep, still somewhat wonky, but once you grasp the concept....youll have alot less headaches
Old 10-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

I'm still in last years mindset of seeing the reciever of a pass go to certain spot on the floor and me lead passing away from traffic only to have it tipped.

With my worst icon passes I notice the defense reacting soon as the button is pressed, ball still in passers hand, and my passers body going in slow motion to throw an eventual tipped pass.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:49 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

It's tough to pass to a specific person though that way unless you use icon passing all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #6
Rookie

ekferio's Arena

OVR: 4

this was actually in 2k11 also. If you hold the left stick while passing, your intended target will move away from his initial spot
Old 10-06-2011, 11:20 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 26

I remember once we got 2K11 we all complained that passing was really hard, but we got used to it. I figure the same will happen with 2K12.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

After some extremely frustrating online games, it's easy to see what the issue with passing and ball movement is, it's simply FAR too animation heavy.

These are NBA players...they should catch the ball in stride, it's second nature for anyone not named Kwame. It's incredible how long it can take just to receive the ball, meanwhile you're completely handcuffed until they're able to gather it up.

I'm talking about simple passes in the half court too. In fact, the smoothest receptions are probably on those new full court passes, where the ball drops nicely in front of the player. Talk about backwards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »