Home

Knicks Fans: Fix for Carmelo's Jumper in NBA 2K12

This is a discussion on Knicks Fans: Fix for Carmelo's Jumper in NBA 2K12 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-06-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Official NBA 2K12 Jump Shot FIX Thread

Ok lets use this thread to post players who's signature jump shot isn't accurate in the game, and post the tweaked settings to correct it and get it as close as possible to their real life shot. And if you like, please feel free to post videos of the changes you made.

Ok so as a big Carmelo fan, I was disappointed in Melo's signature jumper in NBA 2K12. It is definitely not accurate to his real life jumper, and I noticed it right away the other day. Thankfully I remembered that 2K has the custom jump shot feature, and I was able to fix it perfectly. Now it looks exactly like his jumpshot from real life.

If any of you are interested in fixing this all you have to do is go to Rosters, go to Carmelo and hit Edit player. Go over to his signature moves, and change his Shot Base to Jump Shot 25.

If you watch the video below, you will see his jumper perfectly. Notice that he arches his feet forward when he jumps and they both touch at the top of his jump. He also has a slight lean to the right, then when he lands he takes a few steps back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX92j...tailpage#t=93s

And here is a video I took of the improved version in 2K12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb16ep0hxeA

Anyway I hope you guys find this useful, cause I know it makes me feel much better now, cause I was disappointed with his default jumper.

Last edited by dynamiks; 10-06-2011 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Let's make the thread for all players in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Knicks Fans: Fix for Carmelo's Jumper in NBA 2K12

I feel last year jumper they had for him was close to perfect idk why they change it.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyFan
I feel last year jumper they had for him was close to perfect idk why they change it.
I agree that his jumper last year was more accurate than this year, but now that I was able to make this change, I think it's perfect. The had his release perfect but his shot base was off, so with this fix I think it's as close as you will get to the real thing
Old 10-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamiks
I agree that his jumper last year was more accurate than this year, but now that I was able to make this change, I think it's perfect. The had his release perfect but his shot base was off, so with this fix I think it's as close as you will get to the real thing
I am ok with the Melo jumper in 2K12 but will try your suggestion later today.

But what about STAT...I got so used to last years that this year it feels way different

Also check Shawne Williams...Looks bad
Old 10-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

Maaannn ..... Knicks all hooked up Melo jumper ok he have a few different looks, Na Sh. Williams jumper is horrible with them legs kicking out SMH.. Stat is wayyy different from 2k11.... Fields, billups, B. Walker, jumper nice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
I am ok with the Melo jumper in 2K12 but will try your suggestion later today.

But what about STAT...I got so used to last years that this year it feels way different

Also check Shawne Williams...Looks bad
Lemme know what you think. Personally I didn't like how slow and straight his jump was on the default setting.

But I will look into Stat's jumpshot next to see if I can come up with a fix for that too
Old 10-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamiks
Lemme know what you think. Personally I didn't like how slow and straight his jump was on the default setting.

But I will look into Stat's jumpshot next to see if I can come up with a fix for that too
Cool. And Shawne williams is way off. Last years was better for sure

This year he does a karate kick on the way down.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

I forgot can't we create jumpshots this year? If so maybe someone good at it can make a new melo shot that we can get or follow

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »