Home

Anyone try using Astro Headphones?

This is a discussion on Anyone try using Astro Headphones? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports FC 25 Review: We Need to Go Back to Formula
The Pain and Misery of Simulated Stats
EA Sports College Football 25 Guides, Explainers, and Tutorials

Old 10-05-2011, 08:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Anyone try using Astro Headphones?

Last night I tried to fire up 2K12 and play some ball but for some reason, I was getting no sound at all out of my wireless headphones. It was like as soon as the game booted up, the sound was cut off completely. Does you know if this game has a problem with Optical audio instead of HDMI? Because when I use the audio source as HDMI to my TV, it works just fine.

I've tested with different games, movies & videos and all work just great with the headphones. It's only NBA 2K12 that seems to have the issue.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone try using Astro Headphones?

I've been playing using an Astro mixamp 5.8 and headphones setup and haven't been having any sound problems, however I don't use the Astro headphones (also I'm on PS3 if it matters).

I guess just try checking your connections and settings and/or restarting. Good luck!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SureShot
Last night I tried to fire up 2K12 and play some ball but for some reason, I was getting no sound at all out of my wireless headphones. It was like as soon as the game booted up, the sound was cut off completely. Does you know if this game has a problem with Optical audio instead of HDMI? Because when I use the audio source as HDMI to my TV, it works just fine.

I've tested with different games, movies & videos and all work just great with the headphones. It's only NBA 2K12 that seems to have the issue.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Do your headphones support DTS? Isn't this game mixed in DTS

Sent from my Awesome Phone
Old 10-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #4
Rookie

Thanks for the messages guys.

I'm also using a PS3, but am using the ASTRO headphones. I don't think that would really matter though... they're just headphones right?

What doesn't make sense to me is, they work perfect with other games and Netflix, but not this one. I guess I will have to do some more testing today when I get home.

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Do your headphones support DTS? Isn't this game mixed in DTS
This is a good point, the Astro mixamp doesn't process the DTS signal. If you are using your Astro headphones with a mixamp (either the classic mixamp or the 5.8 mixamp) make sure that the PS3 is only outputting Dolby Digital 5.1.

XMB -> Settings -> Sound Settings -> Audio Output Settings -> Optical Digital

and make sure the DTS box is unchecked. Most games and Netflix default to DD which would explain why they work fine with your headphones, but some games default to a DTS format if it's available.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
Rookie

If I go home and try this - and it works - both you dudes are getting big cyber hugs. That would make my day

Thank you for pointing that out Highrolla32, I had wondered if it had something to do with it, but I've always just checked all the boxes it allowed and it's always worked. I'll be sure to check when I get home.

And yes, I'm using the 5.8 - I bought the A40 set earlier this year. Love these things, so great with my little girl sleeping in the next room
Old 10-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #7
Rookie

You guys are awesome Thanks so much for the help, all is working wonderfully now!

Thanks for taking the time to post out those instructions Highrolla32, you saved my night!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »