Home

Edit Classic Teams Workaround

This is a discussion on Edit Classic Teams Workaround within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-05-2011, 12:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon11 Edit Classic Teams Workaround

I have found a couple of options for editing the remaining players on the classic teams. It's a pain, but it's all we have right now. I don't know about you guys, but the 85 Sixers just aren't right without Barkley and Toney. here's the options I have found:

1. If you want to use them in season mode you can create the CAPS you need for the team on another team and then trade them. I would probablly do this with an expansion team that wasn't around in those days like the Bobcats. It allows you to trade players to classic teams within the confines of season mode.

2. Carrying this technique farther, if you want to use an edited classic team in exhibition, do the edits you need using the above technique. Then, export that team out. It will give you that team with the correct uniforms and the CAPS you added to the roster. I tested it and it works. The only catch is it does not include the correct home court with this technique. In the Sixers case, this is a problem because for some ridiculous reason, they will not let you select the classic Sixers arena. They do however allow you to select any of the classic arenas from 2k11. So depending on what team you edit, you may or may not be able to get the exact arena. For me, having Barkley and Toney trumps having the Spectrum arena floor, but i wish we could have both. In season mode you can retain the classic homecourt though.

Overall, they did a great job filling out the lineups. Most of the teams have all of their key players. For me the most noticeable one is the 85 Sixers. I won't use this method for every team but for the less filled out teams I will. I really hope they patch this, but I doubt they will. I hope this helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Edit Classic Teams Workaround

Thanks for the work around. The early 70s Lakers are missing a key guy in Happy Hairston, and the 98 Lakers are missing Rick Fox and Nick Van Exel. Along with the 85 Sixers, these are the most notable omissions.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:03 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Edit Classic Teams Workaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfantn
Thanks for the work around. The early 70s Lakers are missing a key guy in Happy Hairston, and the 98 Lakers are missing Rick Fox and Nick Van Exel. Along with the 85 Sixers, these are the most notable omissions.
Thanks. Yeah, those guys definitely need to be added in too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »