Home

I am not getting double teamed.

This is a discussion on I am not getting double teamed. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
I am not getting double teamed.

So i was playing as the Magic dumped the ball to Dwight in the post pretty much every possession. ( ended up with 52 pts ) I wanted to test out this new AI which i heard plays like a human being and adapts to what you do. Anyways, the AI never sent help or even attempted a double team. I tested it again and ran the same play for Carmelo for 2 whole quarters. AI got stuck between screens each time resulting in a wide open Carmelo....for 2 whole quarters. Am i the only one with this problem? I'm playing on All Star / Sim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: I am not getting double teamed.

Whether or not people will double team you depends on who you are playing against and that coach's profile.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Whether or not people will double team you depends on who you are playing against and that coach's profile.
Any coach that wont double team Dwight Howard (or anyone with a pulse) in the post by the time they get to 40 needs to be fired. Coach tendencies may be the answer, but no coach tendency should ever be set such that they don't give help in the post against a player that burns them for that many points.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #4
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotobu
Any coach that wont double team Dwight Howard (or anyone with a pulse) in the post by the time they get to 40 needs to be fired. Coach tendencies may be the answer, but no coach tendency should ever be set such that they don't give help in the post against a player that burns them for that many points.
who were you playing against hotobu ? try magic vs the heat and see if there is still no doubles. Also did you win both games ? Did you blow them out or was it close ?
Old 10-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just tested with Miami vs Magic. Backed down Howard on Bosh 4 possessions in a row.. no double teams. But it was only the 1st q. Will update again later when i finish the game. I also wanted to ask Czar, if you're reading this, do you play on ball or off ball D?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #6
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontkillbill
Just tested with Miami vs Magic. Backed down Howard on Bosh 4 possessions in a row.. no double teams. But it was only the 1st q. Will update again later when i finish the game. I also wanted to ask Czar, if you're reading this, do you play on ball or off ball D?
I play both. Sometimes during long gaming sessions my hands hurt so I take a break. I prefer to defend the point of attack. So if they are attackign with their pg then that is who I like to play but if your running a play for your center I may switch off the try and force him into worse post position.

I am not a slave to the whole your not sim if you play off ball. Now I do not think it's cool to run away from guarding the ball all the time. But I think there is a clear difference between having a defensive strategy and switching away from the ball anytime my man happens to be guarding him.

For the double team thing I say just play the game and if your killing with him in great post position they will double from what I have seen. If your scoring from further out then maybe that is it.

that said if something is broke we definitely want to get the word to 2k. I think sometimes it throws a monkey wrench in works tho if were just testing instead of playing. I think our input effects the game somewhat. That is why 2 people can have drastically different results playing the same game IMHO.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:14 PM   #7
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2

The playing on ball defense rule only matters when you are playing another human. If you are playing the Allen Iverson, it doesn't matter.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #8
Bleeding Cubbie Blue

OVR: 5

Personally i think thats the way to play Orlando. Single cover Dwight and cover all the shooters. Let him get his 40-50, one man can't beat a whole team. I know the Bulls for the most part don't double him and they hard fairly good success against the Magic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »