Home

Flexbone?????/

This is a discussion on Flexbone?????/ within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #1
Rookie

timtime's Arena

OVR: 0
Flexbone?????/

the flexbone is so hard....does it work for anyone...last uear i had great success.....this year it sucks......any tips??????/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 03:38 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Flexbone?????/

Works great for me. Try the Flexbone Close formation. Be sure to use your Fullback alot. Most users like to get to the edge to much, especially on the option.

Good flexbone teams to try would be: Louisville, Clemson, WVU, Ohio St, LSU, and my personal favorite Penn St.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #3
Rookie

WestMag's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKwannabe
Works great for me. Try the Flexbone Close formation. Be sure to use your Fullback alot. Most users like to get to the edge to much, especially on the option.

Good flexbone teams to try would be: Louisville, Clemson, WVU, Ohio St, LSU, and my personal favorite Penn St.

You know the play of the front side DE dictates the give or the pull on the option right? If youre trying to use the Flexbone the way it is intended IRL, then yes its extremely hard. You don't have time to read the DE (should be reading the EMOL, but its always DE in this game) and when you do hold "X" to give to the fullback, alot of times your QB keeps it anyway(seems like the reaction in the game is always a half to a full second behind the button press). Blocking on the line and especially on the perimeter are broken too. It would be nice to accurately replicate what GT does on Saturdays this season.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
Rookie

timtime's Arena

yeah you cant read the de....he makes both plays like superman......especially against good defenses the flexbone does not work.......also they dont go for the misdirection....there is always a lb in the hole waiting for me
Old 10-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
Rookie

I'd try some tips on here for roster edits to get the option game to work, specifically the Real Assignment AI. You could do it all yourself or look for a roster that has done it already:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lay-guide.html

In short, Skillz puts all his WR, TE, and FB at 75 RBF, RBS, and IMPACT; then, he puts his pulling linemen (LG, C, RG) at 90 Acceleration in order for them to get out in front of the RB. I haven't tried this with an Option team, yet, but it did work wonders in the screen game. In fact, it worked too well, and I abandoned it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestMag
You know the play of the front side DE dictates the give or the pull on the option right? If youre trying to use the Flexbone the way it is intended IRL, then yes its extremely hard. You don't have time to read the DE (should be reading the EMOL, but its always DE in this game) and when you do hold "X" to give to the fullback, alot of times your QB keeps it anyway(seems like the reaction in the game is always a half to a full second behind the button press). Blocking on the line and especially on the perimeter are broken too. It would be nice to accurately replicate what GT does on Saturdays this season.
I don't run the flexbone, but I run a run-first spread option attack. It's been my experience that the read guy is (almost?) always the last man in a 3 point stance. In a 4-3/most 3-4s it's the DE. In a 3-4 predator it's the DE or OLB, depending on which what you're running. Against the 2-4-5, it's a DT. Against a 1-5-5, it's the NT. I don't run options (being a spread team and not flexbone) against 5-2 fronts, but on some 5-2 plays, all 5 linemen are down and in some plays, the DEs stand up. I'd bet that when they're all down the read guy is the DE, but when the 2 ends are standing, it's like a DT.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2
Location: The god blessed US of A! Wanna know more, ask and find out!

As in the real world, your offensive and defensive schemes must fit the team. Im not sure what team you use, but if its Tennessee (which your logo represents) I can assure you, running any sort of bone (wish/Flex) is going to be a challenge.
Tennessee is not and never has been a finesse running team, which is basically what the flexbone feeds. With the way the formation is set up, to effectively "run" the flex, your wingbacks (backs lined up off tackle) must have a decent acceleration rating (at least 80-85 minimum). Whether you are running the option or the smashmouthy plays the bone offers, your backs need the initial burst so they can hit the hole in a quick manner. Especially if youre facing a blitz happy defense like Georgia, Florida State or Bama. Theyre linebackers and safeties are lightning quick. You wont stand half a chance in hell unless your backs have some getty-up go.
Someone else mentioned increasing the acceleration of your pulling guards. Again, a great idea or find a team with explosive backs and athletic linemen. Im not saying this is all fact, but after years of playing the NCAA series and real life coaching, its just a few things ive learned I hope it helps!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #8
Pro

Yeah, the Option out of the Flexbone works great with the roster edits mentioned above, be it HUM or CPU running it. I dont like giving the WRs that high of RBS and RBF unless they are real big, but with a good Impact Block rating you get some nice cut blocks in the open field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »