Home

The major problem with injuries...

This is a discussion on The major problem with injuries... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The major problem with injuries...

Here is the major problem with injuries in Madden...

All injuries in Madden are breaks, tears, or dislocations. These are ALL serious injuries.

In-game, a player can suffer sprains, strains and bruises, but they will NEVER carry over from week to week. These are the types of injuries that make the 'probable, questionable and doubtful' status' a must-have in this game, but it's just not there.

It's absolutely ridiculous to look at the injury report in franchise and see nothing but broken bones and torn muscles. Come on, EA. This is NOT that hard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The major problem with injuries...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeks
Here is the major problem with injuries in Madden...

All injuries in Madden are breaks, tears, or dislocations. These are ALL serious injuries.

In-game, a player can suffer sprains, strains and bruises, but they will NEVER carry over from week to week. These are the types of injuries that make the 'probable, questionable and doubtful' status' a must-have in this game, but it's just not there.

It's absolutely ridiculous to look at the injury report in franchise and see nothing but broken bones and torn muscles. Come on, EA. This is NOT that hard.
Well of course you're only seeing long term injuries in each teams report... The short terms injuries dont last more than 1 game, so why would you see them?

Now having that said, I still feel as though injuries are way too high in simmed games during franchises. This needs to be patched.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Well of course you're only seeing long term injuries in each teams report... The short terms injuries dont last more than 1 game, so why would you see them?

Now having that said, I still feel as though injuries are way too high in simmed games during franchises. This needs to be patched.
How many games did Arian Foster miss with a pulled hamstring? Was Mike Vick on the injury report this week with a bruised hand? Did Dez Bryant miss week 3 with a deep thigh bruise?

You are dead wrong. Perhaps you should read a real injury report before posting.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

Quote:
How many games did Arian Foster miss with a pulled hamstring? Was Mike Vick on the injury report this week with a bruised hand? Did Dez Bryant miss week 3 with a deep thigh bruise?

You are dead wrong. Perhaps you should read a real injury report before posting.
Woah there buddy.

First, that's not what I meant. What I was trying to say was injuries that are minor enough to last less than 1 game are obviously not going to be on the CPU's injury report when you look at them. Because the guys are "better" after that game.

And 2nd... I agreed with you.

But perhaps you should read my post before telling me "Im wrong."

But jumpy retorts aside OP.. once again.. I agree. Injuries are way to frequent in Franchise mode.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Sorry, you're right, I misunderstood what you were saying, my apologies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #6
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

Quote:
Sorry, you're right, I misunderstood what you were saying, my apologies.
It's all good!

In any case, Im hoping this gets patched. They have patched injury frequency in the past so Im hoping they will patch it again.

In the mean-time this is what I do to lower injuires... I always alternate turning off sim-injuries in the franchise settings menu from one week to the next. So I'll turn sim injuries on one week, then turn em off for a week then back on again for a week. etc etc etc... It reduces sim injuries by 50% and only takes a few seconds each week.

(I also turn them off most of the pre-season.)
Old 10-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #7
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp

In any case, Im hoping this gets patched. They have patched injury frequency in the past so Im hoping they will patch it again.

As people have said (including you from your post really) it isn't even the frequency anyway it is the severity. Players in the NFL have 2-3 week injuries all the time, but you don't see half the NFL crippled.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:39 AM   #8
Pro

They need to bring back Questionable and Probable. Players will very often return from injuries quickly, but will have lingering problems that hinder their playing ability to a certain extent. Look at Arian Foster. He was supposed to be hampered by injury, but played anyway and played great. They currently have it where if a player gets injured during the game, he can still play but will have lower speed or strength or whatever. They need to keep that and carry it from week to week. Maybe have the player gradually return to full speed and the length of recovery time depends on how much you play him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »