Home

No Improvements To Offline Association huh?

This is a discussion on No Improvements To Offline Association huh? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

OVR: 6
Angry No Improvements To Offline Association huh?

- No acknowledgement of improving trade logic. (ex: CPU teams acquiring 3-4 starting caliber PF's only for 3 to get low morale)

- No acknowledgement of improving Free Agent logic. (ex: Chris Paul isnt signing with the Suns; Spencer Hawes isnt getting $10 Million per year)

- No acknowledgement of actual coaching contracts to stop all of the constant firings/hirings in 1 season. (ex: Detroit fires Lawrence Frank, Phoenix fires Alvin Gentry, Detroit hires generic coach, Phoenix hires Lawrence Frank, Detroit fires generic coach, Detroit hires Alvin Gentry, etc)

- No acknowledgement of fixing the Team Rebounding issue in which every Team averages 10+ RPG than they do in reality. No team should be pulling down 52 RPG on average.

- No acknowledgement of fully editable D-League. I can accept that they dont have licenses to use actual D-League players, however I see no reason as to why I'm going be seeing Evan Oliver, Doug Martin, Kenny Adams, etc in Association Mode. Why cant we remove these "fakes" and put actual players or even real CAPS on the D-League teams? Its been 3 years now.

- No acknowledgement of custom rotations carrying over into Association. After all of these years, all of these years we still cant put together the actual rotation minutes of real teams and have it carry over to Association without it being reset to 20 minutes for the "6th Man" and 12 minutes for "role players". "Role players" in a rotation on average play 18-22 MPG for a team not 12. I can lower the Stamina of starters and it still doesnt have an effect on rotations.

- Is David Stern really going to say "Minnesota selects the 20 Year old Power Forward" instead of Anthony Davis during the future NBA Drafts in Association? I thought having his voice would allow it to be used in terms of the names in the database. Oh wait, thats for My Player only.

- Is it too hard to ask to add a playable "Summer Circuit" & "Training Camp" to Association? You've had both in My Player for the last 2 years. Well now that D-League in My Player doesn't exist, you guys could've made use for both by putting them in Association. Would've added that "real feel" that you decided to strive for with My Player.

Those are just a few improvements I would've thought I'd see by now. I'm not even brainstorming into some good ideas that would've been a nice touch to add to offline Association. Ideas that I dont look at when seeing the "Wishlist for NBA2K12" because usually I'm satisifed with improvements made, except for this year.

Instead, 0 improvements were made to Association, except the NBA 2K11 Association mode is now Online in NBA 2K12. Thanks 2K.

Over/Under 3 weeks before people get bored playing this game?

I guess you 2K guys didnt realize is that Association keeps the game fresh. Do you not think people wont be bored of playing NBA 2K11..errr NBA 2K12 Online? No roster moves, No rookies, & the only way they will be playable thanks to custom rosters/CAPS is through Association. Oh wait, you didnt improve it.

I'll see your improvements once the Lockout is over, and I'll buy my copy used......off of E-Bay because I dont want any of my money to go towards you for ignoring your core fanbase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: No Improvements To Offline Association huh?

And this is why I love the 2K Forums around this time of the year.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

How would we know there are no improvements? They haven't done the offline association insight yet.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
And this is why I love the 2K Forums around this time of the year.
Never had any reason to complain about 2K.

But when you hit your loyal buyers with the okeydoke by claiming this is going to be the greatest game yet only to ignore your most important mode completely is uncalled for.

In a year of a Lockout removing all Free Agent moves, no rookies, & you dont improve your only feature that allows you to advance seasons.

It really is hard to understand.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

the rotation is my biggest complaint for association. if they fixed that, i can wait for the others next year. imo it's the absolute worst problem for offline association. i can control mostly everything else, but cant do **** about playing time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2011, 08:00 PM   #6
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by concolt
How would we know there are no improvements? They haven't done the offline association insight yet.
Check Impressions Thread for details about Association.

It isnt hard to read between the lines on that one.

If an Offline Association insight was coming, they'd have revealed it by now.

The Association insight was that Association is now Online.

I dont have any reason to eat my words, its past the point of them surprising us at the last minute considering people already have the game now and can let us know what "changes" have been made.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:01 PM   #7
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

I dont expect their to be big improvments in offline association this year, one because they havent mentioned it yet, two in the demo where they point out all the big new features, no mention of an improved franchise, and three, they were focused on online association this year. I think offline association is on a two year cycle, where they really make big stride every two years.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #8
Pro

DurtySoufReppin's Arena

OVR: 4

Association seemed EXACTLY the same when I saw the stream of the game.

Same EXACT menu, same look.

Online Association will probably be the best thing to do this year. Offline will more than likely be broken again.
Grizzlies
Titans
Vols
U.S. Army

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »