Home

Is it supposed to be like this?

This is a discussion on Is it supposed to be like this? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2011, 02:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Is it supposed to be like this?

Online play question, I don't want to spam the bugs/glitches thread until I know for sure.

My defenders don't react on a large percentage of my plays. The tackle animations sometimes don't trigger, and my linebackers end up running alongside running backs without attempting to make plays.

On deep passes, my defenders will not play the ball. Instead, they get set up for the tackle on the receiver and ignore the ball, even if it's in the air for a full 5 seconds. Even worse, occasionally, they just won't react to the receiver at all and let him go.

Is this a balancing issue? To keep defense from over-dominating the online game? Or is it something that Madden Patch 1 will address?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Is it supposed to be like this?

So, no opinion, or is no one else having extremely unreactive defensive AI in online games?
Old 09-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I don't play online, but I've seen defenders run with alongside the ball carrier and defenders slow to react (usually against qb scrambles).
Old 09-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Do you think it might be related to the team(s) you might be using?
Old 09-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230
Online play question, I don't want to spam the bugs/glitches thread until I know for sure.

My defenders don't react on a large percentage of my plays. The tackle animations sometimes don't trigger, and my linebackers end up running alongside running backs without attempting to make plays.

On deep passes, my defenders will not play the ball. Instead, they get set up for the tackle on the receiver and ignore the ball, even if it's in the air for a full 5 seconds. Even worse, occasionally, they just won't react to the receiver at all and let him go.

Is this a balancing issue? To keep defense from over-dominating the online game? Or is it something that Madden Patch 1 will address?
The game plays differently depending on who you play. Do you usually play the CPU or humans?

I play online almost exclusively and I have not noticed the phenomenon your describe.

Can you elaborate with more details?

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »