Home

Advice for a new fifa player?

This is a discussion on Advice for a new fifa player? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Advice for a new fifa player?

I'm new to fifa. I watch Seria A and the Premeir League occassionally, but I wouldn't say I understand the fundamentals of soccer completely. In fifa I can move the ball around well enough, and occassionally find a way to get it out on the wings and cross it in, but I'd say that's the extent of my knowledge on how to create a scoring opportunity. I was hoping someone could direct me to a tutorial on how to create scoring chances other than crossing it in and praying. Also, I've found a ton of youtube videos on how to do all the moves, but I don't know (a) when to use them, (b) who to use them with, and (c) if i need to translate the button presses to the camera angle I use. Thanks for any and all help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Advice for a new fifa player?

I'm new as well to the game. Never played the FIFA series before, except for the demo's. I have the early release season ticket, and I am frustrated by what I refer to as non-realistic gameplay against me. Hopefully you don't get advice on scoring by lob passing ahead of your player who out runs the defenders and is one-on-one against the goalie. I get a lot of guys doing that against me. That is not realistic at all and bothers me so much, I'm not buying the game, lol. I know, I could probably learn how to defend that play, but I don't care to. Soccer is soccer, even though this game is pretty cool.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8one829
I'm new to fifa. I watch Seria A and the Premeir League occassionally, but I wouldn't say I understand the fundamentals of soccer completely. In fifa I can move the ball around well enough, and occassionally find a way to get it out on the wings and cross it in, but I'd say that's the extent of my knowledge on how to create a scoring opportunity. I was hoping someone could direct me to a tutorial on how to create scoring chances other than crossing it in and praying. Also, I've found a ton of youtube videos on how to do all the moves, but I don't know (a) when to use them, (b) who to use them with, and (c) if i need to translate the button presses to the camera angle I use. Thanks for any and all help
In many ways soccer is like basketball. The "give and go" is a like a one-two pass. You are always looking for the open lane and if you can't find it on one side then switch to the other side still looking for the open lane or a player making a run where you create your own lane or sometimes you force the issue by lobbing a pass to a player near or in the box, hopefully a defender misplays it or your forward has the skill to collect it and shoot while he has a small window of opportunity.

On defense, be patient. Keep your positioning, close all your lanes, keep on the lookout for anyone making a run towards your goal. You have to anticipate. That is something I can't teach you. It takes practice.

All in all you have to watch the game to learn the nuances.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadalyst17
In many ways soccer is like basketball. The "give and go" is a like a one-two pass. You are always looking for the open lane and if you can't find it on one side then switch to the other side still looking for the open lane or a player making a run where you create your own lane or sometimes you force the issue by lobbing a pass to a player near or in the box, hopefully a defender misplays it or your forward has the skill to collect it and shoot while he has a small window of opportunity.

On defense, be patient. Keep your positioning, close all your lanes, keep on the lookout for anyone making a run towards your goal. You have to anticipate. That is something I can't teach you. It takes practice.

All in all you have to watch the game to learn the nuances.
Thanks cadalyst. I've been using the "give and go" method to move the ball up the pitch (sometimes incorporating a 3rd player into it). But My problem is getting the ball into a good position to score. I can get it on the wing and cross it. But my problem is developing other ways to score (like when/how to shoot from distance...as in outside of the box), and knowing when/how to use trick moves. I think the most important thing I need to learn how to do is shoot from a distance (about 24 yards). I think once I get that down I'll be able to figure out ways to score on my own.

So I guess my two main questions are:
1. How do I shoot from a distance (I use Hamsik)?
2. The move tutorials show the button presses in relation to the camera angle in the arena, so do I need to translate the controls to correspond with the broadcast camera angle or do they stay the same?

Thanks again for any and all help
Old 09-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

I haven't bought FIFA ever...my problem is I don't really understand the front office stuff. I assume transfer is similar to a trade but I can't really get a hold of the concept. Anyone have a link or something to learn what that kind of stuff means?

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
I haven't bought FIFA ever...my problem is I don't really understand the front office stuff. I assume transfer is similar to a trade but I can't really get a hold of the concept. Anyone have a link or something to learn what that kind of stuff means?
I'm a newbie at this part and the way I handle it is more of a Free Agency period than trading. And there are time periods in which you can do such as

Put players out for Loan : Letting other clubs give you money and pay the salary of the player - It's a way for younger players and others to get playing time elsewhere and progress rather than try to fit them in your lineup here and there and they not play as much.

Trying to sign a player : You basically pay another club an amount of money for them to give up a player and you can use him for a certain amount of time and pay his weekly salary during this time.

Again, I don't know all the ins and outs and details - But that's the way I view it . More like every player is a free agent and can go to clubs for allotted amount of times depending on if the club is willing to give them up (and if the player is willing to leave). Loaning out players is almost like minor league development except that they'll play for other premiere clubs against competition and get playing time which may help them in the future for your club.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:19 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
Transfer
In football(soccer), a transfer is the action taken whenever a player under contract moves between clubs(teams). It refers to the transferring of a player's registration from one football club to another. In general, the players can only be transferred during a transfer window and according to the rules set by a governing body. Usually some sort of compensation(fee paid by the buying team) is paid for the player's rights. When a player moves from one club to another, his old contract is terminated and he negotiates a new one with the club he is moving to, unlike in American, Canadian and Australian sports, where teams essentially trade existing player contracts.

Loan
In sports, a loan involves a particular player being allowed to temporarily play for a club other than the one he is currently contracted to. Loan deals may last from a few weeks to all season-long.

Players may be loaned out to other clubs for several reasons. Most commonly, young players will be loaned to a club in a lower league in order to gain valuable first team experience. In this instance, the parent club may continue to pay the player's wages in full. Some clubs put a formal arrangement in place with a feeder club for this purpose, such as Manchester United and Royal Antwerp, or Arsenal and Beveren.

A club may take a player on loan if they are short on transfer funds but can still pay wages, or as temporary cover for injuries or suspensions. The parent club might demand a fee and/or that the loaning club pays some or all of the player's wages during the loan period. A club might seek to loan out a squad player to make a saving on his wages, or a first team player to regain match fitness following an injury.

Last edited by Xenimus; 09-27-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:51 PM   #8
Rookie

WKUTopper9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8one829
Thanks cadalyst. I've been using the "give and go" method to move the ball up the pitch (sometimes incorporating a 3rd player into it). But My problem is getting the ball into a good position to score. I can get it on the wing and cross it. But my problem is developing other ways to score (like when/how to shoot from distance...as in outside of the box), and knowing when/how to use trick moves. I think the most important thing I need to learn how to do is shoot from a distance (about 24 yards). I think once I get that down I'll be able to figure out ways to score on my own.

So I guess my two main questions are:
1. How do I shoot from a distance (I use Hamsik)?
2. The move tutorials show the button presses in relation to the camera angle in the arena, so do I need to translate the controls to correspond with the broadcast camera angle or do they stay the same?

Thanks again for any and all help
I second an answer to this as well

Also I need tips for penalty kicks. When I am the goalie I use the right joy stick to dive whichever way right? And how do I control where I put the ball when I am the one kicking

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »