Home

How Many of You Are Original Nba2k Dreamcast Fans?

This is a discussion on How Many of You Are Original Nba2k Dreamcast Fans? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
How Many of You Are Original Nba2k Dreamcast Fans?

As an original Fan of the series I must say that Im very proud of my boy Rob Jones and the rest of the 2k team, I was at the e3 show when the original Nba 2k and Nfl 2k was revealed and its been a great rise to the top for 2ksports/Visual Concepts. I remember meeting the Thomas Brothers and the original guy in charge of the Graphics ( I forget his name) and they sold me with their enthusiasm for sports video gaming from day one, they always had a different vibe from the guys over at the Ea Booth, it seemed like they really had a passion for making their game the best it could be year to year. I remember when Rob joined the team it was the year when they didnt show anything at E3 it was the transition to the original Xbox year I believe and he was someone else that you could tell really cared about what kind of game represented visual concepts and himself. Me and a friend of mine started to talk with him about our likes and dislikes about the game and he told us what he envisioned the game would be and looking at 2k11 and 2k12 hes accomplishing the goals he set for himself and the game.

For those of you who have been playing visual concepts games from day one when they were the underdog to Nba Live have to feel a sense of pride because our favorite company and game is finally the top dog on the block, I remember thinking at one point that visual concepts will never slay that powerful beast that is EA Sports. I have had the pleasure of having some of my instrumentals included in the college Bball Series and Nba 2k9 and 2k10 I cant say enough about the 2k guys they deserve this and for all of you who havent been along for the whole ride im sorry you missed it, because its a long time coming, I knew one day that if people just picked up the game they would realize what talent 2ksports has.

I use to buy two games each year just to support the cause one for me and one for someone else who was a Live fan to get them to try it, now the past few years Ive received a couple free comp copies from 2k because of the music I did for the game, but yet in still I still go out and buy two copies every year, and last year was the first time a gamestop in my area had a midnight launch, I called Rob and was like "YO SON YOU DID IT, THERES A LINE OUT THE DOOR TO PICK UP THE GAME AT MIDNIGHT" it was like watching a homie win the mvp or an oscar, what a great ride.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: How Many of You Are Original Nba2k Dreamcast Fans?

Still like to fire up the old 2k games now and again. It's crazy how great the graphics were for the time, and they still hold up reasonably in my opinion.

Twitter: DeyTukErJeobs

Old 09-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffychicken
Still like to fire up the old 2k games now and again. It's crazy how great the graphics were for the time, and they still hold up reasonably in my opinion.
Agreed Hell i fired up nfl2k5 and was amazed at how that game could still compete today if it was updated.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:23 PM   #4
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Besides NBA Live 95/96 my most played NBA game before 2k11 was 2k2 on the Dreamcast. That and NFL2k2 made my year.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflnutt
Agreed Hell i fired up nfl2k5 and was amazed at how that game could still compete today if it was updated.
True. Actually I wasn't even taking into account the post dreamcast 2k games (2k3 and on), but ya 2k5 is still an addictive game for me. I love Madden also, but it's great to play different titles and get a different feel from the same sport.

Twitter: DeyTukErJeobs

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #6
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Been a fan since NBA 2K1. Got that game for Dreamcast on christmas one year and NEVER looked back.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:39 PM   #7
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

I remember getting 2k1 on the DC and making my favorite fake player to crush all comers, Bo Forehammer.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:40 PM   #8
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

2K1 was the ish on Dreamcast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »