Home

Once again, 8 second violation is ignored this year

This is a discussion on Once again, 8 second violation is ignored this year within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-24-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Once again, 8 second violation is ignored this year

There was two incidents during my demo's when I would get my hand on a ball and deflect it out of bounds with the shot clock at like 17 and the other team hasn't crossed half yet. Once they inbound it before half court, they cross half court with like 15 seconds on the shot clock. That's 9 seconds before half court.

Once again the 8 second violation is ignored this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Once again, 8 second violation is ignored this year

I've always wondered this because of 2k. Calling a timeout in the NBA doesnt reset the 8 second clock does it?
Old 09-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBeachLakers
There was two incidents during my demo's when I would get my hand on a ball and deflect it out of bounds with the shot clock at like 17 and the other team hasn't crossed half yet. Once they inbound it before half court, they cross half court with like 15 seconds on the shot clock. That's 9 seconds before half court.

If I'm not mistaken, when a defender touches the ball, the 8 second violation doesn't count. At least that's how it was for the last couple of games..

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 09-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
Banned

rosque's Arena

OVR: 0

I got once that call because one dude kept bumping me and couldn't get out of my half. So it is.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBeachLakers

The 8 second violation happens in NBA2k12. I just fired up the NBA2k12 demo and proceeded to do 8 second violations on purpose. I did it three times consecutively. Although what I did isn't exactly what happened in your game (i.e. defender deflecting the ball), the 8 second rule is in the game, and not ignored.

http://ebawords.com/tiki-index.php?p...le+Differences

"NBA: 8 seconds. Count is reset if the defense kicks or punches the ball, is assessed a technical foul, or is issued a delay of game warning; or if play is stopped due to a player bleeding. For purposes of this rule, the ball gains front court status on a pass when it crosses the plane of the centre line."
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
The 8 second violation happens in NBA2k12. I just fired up the NBA2k12 demo and proceeded to do 8 second violations on purpose. I did it three times consecutively. Although what I did isn't exactly what happened in your game (i.e. defender deflecting the ball), the 8 second rule is in the game, and not ignored.

http://ebawords.com/tiki-index.php?p...le+Differences

"NBA: 8 seconds. Count is reset if the defense kicks or punches the ball, is assessed a technical foul, or is issued a delay of game warning; or if play is stopped due to a player bleeding. For purposes of this rule, the ball gains front court status on a pass when it crosses the plane of the centre line."
There you go. Idk why the OP said "once again" either, the 8 sec violation was in 2k11 too, right?

Last edited by MrBigShot1; 09-24-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigShot1
There you go. Not sure why the OP said "once again" either, the 8 sec violation was in 2k11 too.
He didn't know the rules. He didn't know that if a defender touches the ball the clock is reset.

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 09-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #8
Rookie

Ken North's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
That's kinda his point; the timer is reset if it is deflected out of bounds. Which it shouldn't be. He is well aware that the rule itself is in the game.

The timer is reset in the NCAA, maybe 2K are just using the wrong rulebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
He didn't know the rules. He didn't know that if a defender touches the ball the clock is reset.
Actually, he does know the rule. No reset on out of bounds in the NBA.

Quote:
Just for the record, a punched ball in the NBA is a specific violation that is treated like a kicked ball; it is not the same as deflecting the ball.

Last edited by Ken North; 09-24-2011 at 02:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »