Home

Shoulder Pad fix that works 75% of the time

This is a discussion on Shoulder Pad fix that works 75% of the time within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-24-2011, 12:54 AM   #1
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Icon14 Shoulder Pad fix that works 75% of the time

Shoulder pad fix is doable.

when you create a player you first must

1)go to the equip screen and lower the pads
2)go back to the main player edit page and adjust the position you want
3)go to the weight and build screen and adjust

Ive been editing and creating players now for my edit and this has worked about 75 % of the time

But you also have to fiddle with the the player weight.

Meaning you can't make a player 220 say you have to make them like 200 and then add their bulk via the build screen where you adjust belly arms and calves etc

Hopes this helps and lets hope you make an awesome CAM NEWTON CAP CATMAN72!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 05:18 AM   #2
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Shoulder Pad fix that works 75% of the time

Unfortunately none of this helps with the NCAA imports which often produce KISS rock band shoulder pads and anemic 300 lb linemen that look like punters. Betting it does not get patched.

Add that to the fact player models in general took a big step back this year so far as body shapes, and you wonder what the heck happened.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:39 AM   #3
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
Unfortunately none of this helps with the NCAA imports which often produce KISS rock band shoulder pads and anemic 300 lb linemen that look like punters. Betting it does not get patched.

Add that to the fact player models in general took a big step back this year so far as body shapes, and you wonder what the heck happened.

BUT it helps with general player creation...Draft classes are a big deal I understand but at least there's a fix for us wanting to create new players etc
Old 09-24-2011, 08:44 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba

Ive been editing and creating players now for my edit and this has worked about 75 % of the time

Meaning you can't make a player 220 say you have to make them like 200 and then add their bulk via the build screen where you adjust belly arms and calves etc

when following steps one do we only adjust the pad height and nothing else, or continue with the adjusting the equipment as well?

what happens when i try to create a linebacker, by default i think it puts the weight at 240? should i still lower the weight to 200?

just wanting to know what are the highest and lowest weight that you see as success?
Old 09-24-2011, 08:59 AM   #5
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikphaze01
when following steps one do we only adjust the pad height and nothing else, or continue with the adjusting the equipment as well?

what happens when i try to create a linebacker, by default i think it puts the weight at 240? should i still lower the weight to 200?

just wanting to know what are the highest and lowest weight that you see as success?

Cool yes just pad height
but you do not create the position first

you take your new created player right to the equipment screen.

yes you want the default weight to be added after first adjusting the shoulder pads
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 09:46 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba

Thanks for the advice buddy, but I'm confused about these instructions. So if I wanted to create a Cam CAP I would start out by going to the equipment screen and lowering his pad height, but then also lower his weight from 250 to something like 200 so he does not come out as bulky?

I had thought about lower his weight in a CAP I tried to create before, because at 250 the model to too bulky, but then I started to wonder if the player weight had any impact in the game (in terms of momentum, trucking, etc).
Old 09-24-2011, 10:20 AM   #7
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMan72
Thanks for the advice buddy, but I'm confused about these instructions. So if I wanted to create a Cam CAP I would start out by going to the equipment screen and lowering his pad height, but then also lower his weight from 250 to something like 200 so he does not come out as bulky?

I had thought about lower his weight in a CAP I tried to create before, because at 250 the model to too bulky, but then I started to wonder if the player weight had any impact in the game (in terms of momentum, trucking, etc).
Alright cool check it my man...

Go into create a player.
First thing you do when you see your brand new computer generated player is scroll to the equipment screen.

From there change your players pad height all the way down.

After thats done go to the first initial naming screen and and pick your players position. in this case QB...

Now scroll over to the player build screen and see what the QB's weight and height are at .

From here go to edit the players height for Cam it's i don't know 7 '5 (hes awesome lol I'm kidding you know better)

Once you adjust his height and weight see if them pads is super spikey?

If so now go to change the players weight down by say i think like 20 or 30 pounds.

Now go into the equipment screen and make them pads go all the way up.

Now go back to the player build screen and bulk up your newton with the sliders provided for bulk on the arms rear calves etc until YOU feel newton looks like newton. You can scroll your player around as well and see him moving in that weight in the styles area for his throwing motion.

NOW... once you got him like you like him go to the equipment screen and bring down his pads...

Now you can go back to the player build area and adjust his face and make his stubby grill into a clean shavin fancy pants...

IF you are concerned about momnetum and the like rate him as you would but just a bit higher..

THEN POST YOUR CAM NEWON CAP and let us know how you did it!
Old 09-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #8
Rookie

[quote=Tomba;2042896915]Alright cool check it my man...

Go into create a player.
First thing you do when you see your brand new computer generated player is scroll to the equipment screen.

From there change your players pad height all the way down.

After thats done go to the first initial naming screen and and pick your players position. in this case QB...

Now scroll over to the player build screen and see what the QB's weight and height are at .

From here go to edit the players height for Cam it's i don't know 7 '5 (hes awesome lol I'm kidding you know better)

Once you adjust his height and weight see if them pads is super spikey?

If so now go to change the players weight down by say i think like 20 or 30 pounds.

Now go into the equipment screen and make them pads go all the way up.

Now go back to the player build screen and bulk up your newton with the sliders provided for bulk on the arms rear calves etc until YOU feel newton looks like newton. You can scroll your player around as well and see him moving in that weight in the styles area for his throwing motion.

NOW... once you got him like you like him go to the equipment screen and bring down his pads...

Now you can go back to the player build area and adjust his face and make his stubby grill into a clean shavin fancy pants...

IF you are concerned about momnetum and the like rate him as you would but just a bit higher..

THEN POST YOUR CAM NEWON CAP and let us know how you did it![/QUOTE

it was a little confusing at first, i'm definitely going to spend time with this. appreciate the efforts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »