Home

How do you stop the cpu from controlling a player?

This is a discussion on How do you stop the cpu from controlling a player? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How do you stop the cpu from controlling a player?

I was wondering when playing defense and you are controlling a player that is blitzing. How do you stop the cpu from directing that player in the direction he is supposed to be blitzing. There are times when I want to go cover a TE or RB that has no one on him but the blitzing player takes a step towards the QB first and the opposing player is wide open. Is there any way to stop this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How do you stop the cpu from controlling a player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianc5692
I was wondering when playing defense and you are controlling a player that is blitzing. How do you stop the cpu from directing that player in the direction he is supposed to be blitzing. There are times when I want to go cover a TE or RB that has no one on him but the blitzing player takes a step towards the QB first and the opposing player is wide open. Is there any way to stop this?

No, this year the CPU has been set to control the defender for 'x' steps or seconds. It's an effort to stop the online nano-blitzes.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
No, this year the CPU has been set to control the defender for 'x' steps or seconds. It's an effort to stop the online nano-blitzes.
That's explains why I feel like I'm having to fight my MLB to get him to do what I want.

I don't play online, so I wish they only did this for online play. I want to have full control from the moment the ball is snapped.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Yea me too. I rarely play online .. So this means nothing to me. Should be optional offline and mandatory online.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:51 PM   #5
Rookie

brentech's Arena

maybe i'm misunderstanding you, but I personally turn auto straff off, then i hold straff button and kinda wiggle left and right until i want to rush to the line or the ball is definitively snapped.

As long as you are moving your controlled player when the ball is snapped it won't direct the player where the cpu thinks it should be going. Takes some practice, but i'm able to get a better edge rush doing this by far, or just take a better path down the middle, or delay my blitz.
None the less, it is pretty annoying. Now that they have that auto-defend button, unless you're holding it at the snap the player you control should only move on your stick actions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2011, 06:57 PM   #6
Rookie

What im saying is when the play starts on defense my player takes like a step or two before I can actually control him. Its kind of annoying because it makes playing the run manually almost impossible.. My LB blitzes right they run left...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »