Home

Hip/Poke Check Ruined online play

This is a discussion on Hip/Poke Check Ruined online play within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Angry Hip/Poke Check Ruined online play

So i bought this game this year with the intention of spending the majority of my time playing BaP and EASHL. I have come to learn that there is ZERO skill required to play defense this year as the poke check is no the most ridiculous ability in anyone arsenal, I have lost track of the amount of time i am chased down the rink by some random person ramming the poke button and eventually managing to get the puck out or some how throw me off of it and end up in possession, as far as im concerned something has to be done about this, either a player has to slow down the more the ram the button or they lose their balance but this issue was also a bit of a problem last year and is causing me and a lot of people i know to lose interest in the online world of NHL 12.

PSN: I-JayDee-I
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Hip/Poke Check Ruined online play

The hip check is even worse, or should I call it the cannon ball or bowling ball. I hate how much tuning this game has needed the past two years on and off line, it is unacceptable.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 09-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

The hip check is out of control, but I actually think the poke check is pretty well done for a change. All they have to do is increase the # of tripping penalties you take from behind, but I like that you have to do more defensively than skate backwards pumping the RB as fast as you can.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

I play in primarily OTP ranked games with random people and I am primarily a defenseman and from what Ive learned its not a sure thing using the poke check. I have to mix up everything I use. Nothing is solely effective all the time. The Hip check is over used, I will agree however there are alot of times it wont even work or it misses completely. Other times its done to the guy that HAD the puck and it had no effect on the play. Again this is what I have seen in OTP games. I have had almost NO success using it usually I miss with it but thats me. Out of 15 games I think Ive landed about 3 or 4. I understand the frustration, but playing successful defense is not that easy.

Last edited by CigarCityBandit; 09-20-2011 at 05:48 PM. Reason: deleted text
Old 09-20-2011, 06:10 PM   #5
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Poke check this year? If you find the poke check to be effective in NHL 12, go play NHL 11 few minutes and come back to me. NHL 12 as tone down on poke check, stick lift and hitting but like always, when EA correct something, they screw something else. The dive and the hip check are the prime exemple of that.

The hip check is the funniest of it. EA always forgot to remind themselves that this game is mostly played by idiots online and those idiots will use all the tools at their disposal to get an advantage. Any idea they have and that could make the game better offline should be tone down by 10 online, and even then, not sure the use people make of it won't bring them in the idiots category.

Anyway, like Mike Milbury GM career, don't try to make something into something it isn't. Online play will always be online play!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I do agree it is better then last year, but there are still far too many instances where people use it and throw off your skating or get the puck away, This needs to be met with a lot more penalties when using it as the only form of defense, I do agree as i play D a lot that it is not as easy as last year but too many people are able to just ram the R1 button and look like pros.

PSN: I-JayDee-I
Old 09-20-2011, 06:39 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

pass the puck. problem solved.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:59 PM   #8
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9

Ya the hip check is just ******ex, I play eahl and its the only hits you ever see the other team do and they don't call any sort of penalties when you get hip checked when you don't have the. puck

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »