Home

For us gamers happy with Madden this year

This is a discussion on For us gamers happy with Madden this year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-20-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
For us gamers happy with Madden this year

Post Here

Im really tired of forums only being flooded with negative threads.

Most of these gripes I simply SMH at. Just ridiculous how some of them are.

I wish they had a section to sepreate positive and negative threads, so this way I can go into the area that Im feeling at that time.

The sad thing about forums is that most people that are not happy with the title will head to the forum to post their gripe, and easily over populate the ones that are enjoying the game. This is because those that are enjoying the game have no reason to come into the forum. It is like forusm are only for unhappy gamers.

Anyway why are you really enjoying Madden?

Now for Me I'm really enjoying this game because it offers me enough options to create a fun game of football.

The sliders work and this helps a ton in creating a game to your skill set. I have been able with my sldier set , game speed, and threshold create some fun exctiing games. With some wow moments, and games that can be challenging and sometimes a blowout. I do not know how my game is going to conclude, but that is what I love. Unpredictable games

Right now I feel madden is a enjoyable game, and Im now looking forward to the next installment with confidence.

If they bring some other options back Madden can easily be a solid title. I wont list them because this about Madden 12 and why we are enjoying it.

Please post why your enjoying Madden 12
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: For us Happy Gamers with Madden Please

Hey Ty, what's up.

I know what you mean, bro. Someone tried to start a new thread yesterday about how 12 is getting closer to representing the NFL and even stated they know it has it's shortcomings.

I'm enjoying Madden 12 because of the better tackling and less suction this year. I love the new camera angles too.(please bring camera lock to Madden) I don't see much physic LB's or DB's as last year. The zone D is and flat coverage is better this year.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Great thread. I just posted in the impressions thread that I really like the game so far, but I can tell that most people over there don't. I think every game out to have its own positive people thread. I'm almost to the point where I don't want to read any threads in the game sections because the overwhelming majority of the posts are extremely negative.

So in addition to what I already posted over there, I'll throw in a really cool play I saw that I don't recall seeing last year. I was playing a buddy online and he was using SEA. He threw a deep out to Sidney Rice, and the kid made the slicked one-handed catch I'd seen in a bit. Very cool animation, and if this were NCAA, I'd have snapped a shot of it and posted it here.

More to come soon--I just got the game yesterday.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

I hear ya man, I too get tired of seeing all the complaints when this is a pretty solid game overall. Definately the best Madden we've ever had imo, and yes even better than 05 because the gameplay is great! While not perfect, and I see things that are annoying I figure those things will be patched out shortly. No reason to not start a 32 team franchise now, cuz with what is patcher will take effect in existing franchises anyway.

The sliders do work, and like you I have my sliders setup perfectly! Getting all types of games. Last night in my chise as the Cowboys, I beat the Pats 30-28 on a last second FG. And I would've lost if I didnt run back a kickoff to tie the game at 7 early in the first qtr. A few games prior, I get smoked by the Redskins after I commit 4 turnovers so the unpredictable games are there, which is what we want!

Currently at week 7 in my 32 team chise, where I play as the Cowboys. I have my house rules when I play the game, and I've dont what I have to do in order to enjoy franchise, like having injuries off and creating them myself using random.org with a system I've come up with. It's actually alot of fun, and it's nice to see the only starting QBs out for a while are Rex Grossman (5 more weeks), and McNabb is out for 10 weeks, so his season is done and Ponder will now start the rest of the season.

I just wish more ppl enjoyed this game like I am! It's not perfect, but it never will be. I will not buy next years game because I have learned to buy sports titles every other year now. Makes the game that much better. Maybe that's why I enjoy the game alot more, from not buying Madden 11 so I went from Madden 10 to Madden 12 which is a HUGE leap in gameplay.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #5
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
I hear ya man, I too get tired of seeing all the complaints when this is a pretty solid game overall. Definately the best Madden we've ever had imo, and yes even better than 05 because the gameplay is great! While not perfect, and I see things that are annoying I figure those things will be patched out shortly. No reason to not start a 32 team franchise now, cuz with what is patcher will take effect in existing franchises anyway.

The sliders do work, and like you I have my sliders setup perfectly! Getting all types of games. Last night in my chise as the Cowboys, I beat the Pats 30-28 on a last second FG. And I would've lost if I didnt run back a kickoff to tie the game at 7 early in the first qtr. A few games prior, I get smoked by the Redskins after I commit 4 turnovers so the unpredictable games are there, which is what we want!

Currently at week 7 in my 32 team chise, where I play as the Cowboys. I have my house rules when I play the game, and I've dont what I have to do in order to enjoy franchise, like having injuries off and creating them myself using random.org with a system I've come up with. It's actually alot of fun, and it's nice to see the only starting QBs out for a while are Rex Grossman (5 more weeks), and McNabb is out for 10 weeks, so his season is done and Ponder will now start the rest of the season.

I just wish more ppl enjoyed this game like I am! It's not perfect, but it never will be. I will not buy next years game because I have learned to buy sports titles every other year now. Makes the game that much better. Maybe that's why I enjoy the game alot more, from not buying Madden 11 so I went from Madden 10 to Madden 12 which is a HUGE leap in gameplay.
do you have your sliders up in the sliders section? if not could you post them? I am having a hard time getting my sliders right. Im tired of the D line shedding every block 9 out of 10 times when in reality d lines shed blocks about half the time. being able to touch passes over defenders heads is almost non existant etc etc. Im tired of seeing things in madden that have never happened in the history of football and I am hoping sliders can help with that. I havent bought madden in 4 years and I can assure you it didnt make anything better for me LOL. I am hating madden right now just as much as 08.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

i am finally enjoying madden...alot. for the first time in a very long time the positives out weight the negatives by a wide wide margin.
i am very happy to say that i have no issues with gameplay at all,the commentary however is turned off.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #7
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

A positive thread...a breath of fresh air!

I'll start off by admitting there are some issues that require patching, but they are well known and documented to death elsewhere.

I am really liking M12....it PLAYS a very good game of videogame football, best in years in terms of gameplay. It's FUN, and realistic within the realm of football gaming the way that it plays. On-the-field play and graphics are M12's strengths.

Sliders work VERY well if you work off a base Pro, All Pro, or All Madden USER setting, then adjust the CPU sliders only to taste.

Graphically, it's amazing. My wife was sure I was watching a game the other night when I was playing some Coach Mode with 'broadcast' camera . Love the progressive lighting and that the player textures hold up to extreme tv-style close ups. Unis look great this year, too. Excellent stadium details. Lots of POP to the colors this year. The Seattle neon green is perfect.

I can get a decently rousing sound level out of M12 with volume sliders; cut the commentary, boost crowd up to 100, turn down the on-field sound, and it sounds more tv-like and the roar of the crowd is better.

I like having to make cuts in preseason, and that there is IR this year (though I wish we had control of it and the weather in 'chise).

Extra presentation touches and camerawork make this more immersive than previous years. Team intros are very nice, and I love the stadium aerial shots.

Foo Fighters! But, I DO miss NFL Films music.

LOVE DPP...those hot and cold streaks have a real effect on the games and you have to account for them.

I actually like the menu overhaul so it doesn't just look like 'another madden game'. Takes a little getting used to, but I like the new system.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure there's more.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

Last edited by Lieutenant Dan; 09-20-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:19 AM   #8
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Hey Ty, what's up.

I know what you mean, bro. Someone tried to start a new thread yesterday about how 12 is getting closer to representing the NFL and even stated they know it has it's shortcomings.

I'm enjoying Madden 12 because of the better tackling and less suction this year. I love the new camera angles too.(please bring camera lock to Madden) I don't see much physic LB's or DB's as last year. The zone D is and flat coverage is better this year.
wasup Buddy!!!

Everytihng you mentoined is so right. The tackling system this year is so much better and the results on plays are more spot on.

The defense is much better also, and want to add with this years game I feel play calling matters alot more also.

At this time Madden is getting the most burn on my console. I can not believe this but COD has not been played in my system for 3 weeks now. Trust me this is HUGE for me

Madden and NCAA is making my sports gaming life much more enjoyable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »