Home

NCAA Football 12: Title Update #2 Thoughts

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12: Title Update #2 Thoughts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57

NCAA Title Update #2 is far from a perfect patch -- you just have to ask PS3 users and they'll tell you that. But when you get down into the meat and potatoes of the gameplay, there are some real improvements here. Find out what our own Dustin Toms thinks of the update by clicking the link below!

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #2
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
I agree. I think (and I think by just being a member of the forum, I can understand why) we as sim gamers tend to overlook the fun factor. EA just isn't producing a top tier sports game in either of its football series, but they aren't half bad either. I look at it as its a series that continues to strive for improvement, and has made a lot of improvements since '07. It makes me wonder if the gameplay engine that was first implemented this gen kind of screwed them over to making any kind of major overhaul as far as gameplay goes.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 12: Title Update #2 Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I agree. I think (and I think by just being a member of the forum, I can understand why) we as sim gamers tend to overlook the fun factor. EA just isn't producing a top tier sports game in either of its football series, but they aren't half bad either. I look at it as its a series that continues to strive for improvement, and has made a lot of improvements since '07. It makes me wonder if the gameplay engine that was first implemented this gen kind of screwed them over to making any kind of major overhaul as far as gameplay goes.
The game play is getting better but it's still frustrating in a lot of ways. For some reason little things really annoy me like when playing defense and you want to dive to make a tackle (or use hit stick) your man never seems to dive towards the ball carrier...well sometimes he does but it's no where even close as accurate as last gen....there just just seems to be a problem with the fluidity of man you're controlling and a problem with the system switching you to the right man when you switch guys on defense...things like that were never a problem on last gen....maybe the game engine has something to do with it?
Old 09-19-2011, 12:04 PM   #4
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Toms
NCAA is now more enjoyable than Madden, and should be your top football choice until Madden receives similar treatment via a patch.
Way to offer an opinion as fact. I in fact am thoroughly enjoying Madden as it stands right now and have no desire to play NCAA again this year. On-the-field, there's a different experience in both games to be enjoyed, depending on one's tastes, and neither should be outright dismissed so thoroughly and irresponsibly.

Further, while I realize that the focus of this article is on-the-field aspects, that online dynasty still is non-functional for myself, my brother, and our local friends continues to completely ruined the enjoyment of this game for me. I understand that not everyone is having this issue, however, but this game likely will not get back into my rotation at all until the file transfer and misreported game results issues are completely resolved.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 09-19-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:09 PM   #5
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17
I was happy with the patch until I realized that the option defense for the CPU seems to be broken. That ruined the game because I play in a online dynasty with 9 other people. Are we now supposed to say that no one can run an option play? What a joke.

Also, where is the advance anywhere option? They touted that as one of their big new features, yet it wasn't ready at release so then they said it would be ready in August. September is almost here and it still isn't available.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
Also, where is the advance anywhere option? They touted that as one of their big new features, yet it wasn't ready at release so then they said it would be ready in August. September is almost here and it still isn't available.
Advance Anywhere is accessible via the Online Dynasty website. It was unlocked for free for everyone earlier this year. I used it a couple of times while my online dynasty still worked.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:15 PM   #7
MVP

oldman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
Advance Anywhere is accessible via the Online Dynasty website. It was unlocked for free for everyone earlier this year. I used it a couple of times while my online dynasty still worked.
Where at? I am on the website and can't find it.

To the OP, I like Madden tons better by the way. The only reason I am still playing this is because of my OD, which only works every now and then.

Another question is this, can we compile a list of all the problems that have been created since the release of the second patch?

What I know of are the following:

CPU option defense doesn't cover correctly
Recruit tendencies are messed up

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 09-19-2011, 12:21 PM   #8
MVP

oldman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
Way to offer an opinion as fact. I in fact am thoroughly enjoying Madden as it stands right now and have no desire to play NCAA again this year. On-the-field, there's a different experience in both games to be enjoyed, depending on one's tastes, and neither should be outright dismissed so thoroughly and irresponsibly.

Further, while I realize that the focus of this article is on-the-field aspects, that online dynasty still is non-functional for myself, my brother, and our local friends continues to completely ruined the enjoyment of this game for me. I understand that not everyone is having this issue, however, but this game likely will not get back into my rotation at all until the file transfer and misreported game results issues are completely resolved.
You and I have a similar problem. The OD issues ruined the game for me. However I did have hope once the new patch was released, but seeing all the problems coming out of it have put me right back in the same situation.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »