Home

Has Watching The NFL This Year Made You Give Madden 12 More Credit?

This is a discussion on Has Watching The NFL This Year Made You Give Madden 12 More Credit? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
View Poll Results: Has Watching The NFL This Year Made You Give Madden 12 More Credit?
More Credit 39 26.00%
Less Credit 75 50.00%
Same Credit 36 24.00%
Haven't Watched The NFL This Year 0 0%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2011, 12:37 AM   #1
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Has Watching The NFL This Year Made You Give Madden 12 More Credit?

I have been watching way more NFL games this year, being in multiple fantasy football leagues and having all the games available over the internet. What I have noticed is quite a few of the things that frustrate me in Madden 12, do actually happen on Sunday and are "True" to the game. Now I am by no means claiming Madden 12 is perfect or even where I believe it should be by now but it does replicate more things correctly, than I originally noticed. For example, I saw Eagles L. McCoy, bounce a play to the outside after causing defenders to get "traffic jammed" to the inside. Whenever I see this happen in Madden 12, I get so frustrated when that happens to my defenders but Madden 12 actually replicates that pretty well.

That said, the one handed interception in Madden 12, is ridiculous because of the way the football "sticks" to the players hand, instead of being bobbled in and there has to be multiple "fight for the ball in the air", player animations added next year. In spite of things like this though, I have to commend the game for what it does get right this year.

Normally I watch the NFL and think "why can't Madden look like that" and even though there is some of that this year, there have been many moments where I realize, what I thought was Madden 12 "cheese", is NFL authentic. Of course these nuances have to be tuned better for authentic frequency but this year is better than the others, imo.

There is still plenty of room for improvement but I give the developers credit for this game seeming to finally be making a strong push to replicate NFL football.

Can't wait to see how Madden 13 and 14 shake out.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 09-19-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 01:09 AM   #2
Rookie

Ricanlegend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Has Watching The NFL This Year Made You Give Madden 12 More Credit?

Cant wait for 2k start doing nfl or ncaa football games
Old 09-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

I don't know what you've been watching but watching the NFL makes me rage even more about Madden.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:20 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricanlegend
very true 2k nfl football is still more advance then madden is
That's gonna go over well here.

- Michael Jordan
Old 09-19-2011, 01:23 AM   #5
Rookie

Ricanlegend's Arena

OVR: 0

i do give credit for the expanded roster which i love , every year 2 or 3 undrafted free agents makes my teams cause of great pre season games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 01:56 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

You trying to say there's something wrong with a defensive tackle dropping back into coverage and making an over the shoulder interception?
Old 09-19-2011, 03:22 AM   #7
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Some of you guys are hilarious to me when you act like if you give Madden even the slightest bit of credit, it would make you a fanboy. lol

I personally enjoyed 2k football but it doesn't have anything to do with this thread topic. It's really not that hard or unreasonable to try to have a discussion about Madden in relation to watching the NFL.

I would be the first one to defend anyone's right to express their opinion but at least express it about the topic.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:45 AM   #8
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

It's funny because I've already lost count at how many times this season I've said to myself, "You know what that looks like? Madden." Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faizon
You trying to say there's something wrong with a defensive tackle dropping back into coverage and making an over the shoulder interception?
There's nothing wrong with that.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000...-for-a-big-man

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »