Home

Franchise Trade Review

This is a discussion on Franchise Trade Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 11
Franchise Trade Review

I'm going to begin a Broncos franchise this week and I'd like to start playing the games around season 4 or 5. Honestly I really dislike the Broncos roster right now and want to make some changes. I have been reading on the boards that the franchise free agent and trading is still broken a bit. My thought is to start a thread where people can post trades and other users can say its fantasy or its real go ahead and make the move. Below are a couple of trades that I'm looking to make, feel free to give me your thoughts

Tebow and 4th round pick to the Jaguars for Gabbert
Moreno to the Packers for a 2nd round pick
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Franchise Trade Review

I believe the Jags would be like "nah, you're alright" if offered that trade. No way they take a project like Tebow and a 4th for their potential franchise QB. The Moreno deal looks alright, maybe to a team that needs a back more than GB though.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #3
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Wow... trades not even close. Tebow plus 2 1st wouldn't be enough for Gabbert.

And Mareno isn't worth a 2nd. I got rid of him in my Franchise and think I could only get a 5th out of him. He's always hurt and hasn't done anything in his career.

Also, there is another thread I've seen for this.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #4
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

If you want realism, then you won't trade Tebow for anything more than a 5th round pick. Simply put, NO OTHER TEAM wants ANYTHING to do with Tebow.

As for trading Moreno, the only teams I can think of that would take him are the Colts, Lions, Cardinals, and Redskins. Of those teams, I would narrow it down to the Redskins and the Cardinals. Moreno is worth about a 3rd round pick and a future 4th.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
If you want realism, then you won't trade Tebow for anything more than a 5th round pick. Simply put, NO OTHER TEAM wants ANYTHING to do with Tebow.

As for trading Moreno, the only teams I can think of that would take him are the Colts, Lions, Cardinals, and Redskins. Of those teams, I would narrow it down to the Redskins and the Cardinals. Moreno is worth about a 3rd round pick and a future 4th.
Why would the 'Skins give up a 3rd and 4th for Moreno? Did you watch the game today? Have you seen Moreno play? What a joke
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #6
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

First trade def aint happenin...a team aint trading u a rookie 1st-round qb that they JUST drafted......a 2nd rounder is too high for moreno imo
Old 09-18-2011, 10:07 PM   #7
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco4434
I'm going to begin a Broncos franchise this week and I'd like to start playing the games around season 4 or 5. Honestly I really dislike the Broncos roster right now and want to make some changes. I have been reading on the boards that the franchise free agent and trading is still broken a bit. My thought is to start a thread where people can post trades and other users can say its fantasy or its real go ahead and make the move. Below are a couple of trades that I'm looking to make, feel free to give me your thoughts

Tebow and 4th round pick to the Jaguars for Gabbert
Moreno to the Packers for a 2nd round pick
Why would either of those teams accept these trades? First off, the Jags didn't draft Gabbert as trade bait. He's "their" franchise quarterback. Moreno to the Packers makes no sense either, they have 3 backs there that they like already. If you want to rebuild, trade older players with huge contracts for 6th round picks, that's usually what happens. This free's up cap space and also allows you to sign players you want in free agency.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #8
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPolo7
Why would the 'Skins give up a 3rd and 4th for Moreno? Did you watch the game today? Have you seen Moreno play? What a joke
Yea, because one game today has any effect on a team in Madden...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »