Home

Realm's NHL 12 SS sliders (Wip)

This is a discussion on Realm's NHL 12 SS sliders (Wip) within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 31
Realm's NHL 12 SS sliders (Wip)

Still working on these, not entirely content yet. But since a couple people asked I figured I'd post what I'm currently running with. Hum/Cpu values

Rules
Period Length 10 mins
Offsides Delayed
Icing On
Injuries On
Penalties Max (6)
Post Whistle Authentic
Pen time scaling Zero (0)
Fighting 3

Gameplay General
Broken sticks 2
Game Speed 1
Atrib Effcts Max (6)
Fatigue Effect 5/5
Fatigue Recovery 2/1
Injuries 3/3
Puck Control 1/1
Plyr Acceleration 2/2

AI
AI Learning Max (6)
Cpu Diff Zero
Cpu Strat Adjust Max (6)
Human Strat user preference I have it at 0
Cpu Faceoff 4 (I win about 50% but I'm bad at Faceoffs)
Cpu Fight Diff 5
Cpu Penalties Max (6)
Teamate Pens Max (6)

Passing
Pass Assist 0
Manual Passing On
Pass Speed 2
Saucer Speed 3
Pass Accuracy 0/0
Reception Ease 0/0
Interceptions Max/Max

Shooting
3 Across the entire board including one timer accuracy.

Checking
Hit Assist 0
Aggression 6/6
Hit Power 0/0
Stick Lift 6/6
Poke 6/6

Goaltenders
Passing 0/0
Cover Puck 6/6
Screen Effct 6/6
Reaction Spd 3/3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 11:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Realm's NHL 12 SS sliders (Wip)

Hi!

Your sliders are great, challenging, good stats.

But there's not enough goals. All my goals finish 1-0 2-1 SO or 2-1.....

Do you think it's better to lower Goalie Reaction or put shot accuracy or power higher
Old 09-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Realm absolutely terrific job so far! I have had 3 completely different games. First game I was the Sharks vs. Ducks and won 3-1. Second game I was the Wild vs. Oil and lost 5-3. I came back from a 3-0 defecit only to give it right back up. Sounds a lot like the Wild's preseason game last night, just vice versa . The third game I played I was the Wild vs. the Jackets. I lost 2-1 but got absolutely dominated. My only goal came with 5 seconds left. I think the shots were 55-15. Absolutely nuts. The other games were not as lopsided. This is what makes the sliders so good. Every game has been different, just like the real NHL. I just have to try to win one with the Wild.

Overall Realm I am just loving these. The CPU finally adjusts to the way I play. This is what I've been asking for. I am finally unable to do the same thing every time down the ice. I have to dump the puck in, cycle low, move it to the point, etc. Just an awesome feeling. I think the difficulty at 0 is perfect for me. The only thing I would even think about changing is the speed of the CPU. It seems as though the CPU moves in hyperspeed. They're a little too dominant in a sort of unrealistic way because of this. They just move around a little too fast for my liking. This could just be because it's on Superstar. If that's the reason then I'll live with it.

Otherwise Realm you have a great start. This is the perfect skill level for me. The best thing is if it gets too easy along the way (which I doubt), we have a lot of room to bump up the difficulty since it's down at 0. I'm thinking of playing about 10 games or so before even thinking about changing anything. Sliders don't play out to their full potential until about 10 games IMO. I will also say that I'm just going to continue playing with the Wild. They are the team I'm running with in my Be A GM so I want to get used to them. In my first two games with them on these sliders I've been outplayed so I need to figure out how to not have that happen.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 09-21-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibibanax
Hi!

Do you think it's better to lower Goalie Reaction or put shot accuracy or power higher
How many games have you played? I've seen a variety of scores so far. 3-1, 5-3, and 2-1. My suggestion is to just keep playing. If after 7 games you are seeing the same results then change it. Obviously you can do what you want though, I just feel that it takes a few games before you see the real results of the sliders.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 09-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibibanax
Hi!

I would start by lowering Reaction. Increasing shot power/accuracy inflates shot totals too much I would think.

I tend to get varied results, some games are the 1-0, 2-1 games you mention, others are shootouts with teams trading goals with 4-3 5-4 type totals. I actually had my first shut out last night toping the Habs 2-0, the previous game losing 5-4 to Buffalo late in the third on a game that went back and forth the entire game. Getting a pretty good variety.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Realm absolutely terrific job so far! I have had 3 completely different games. First game I was the Sharks vs. Ducks and won 3-1. Second game I was the Wild vs. Oil and lost 5-3. I came back from a 3-0 defecit only to give it right back up. Sounds a lot like the Wild's preseason game last night, just vice versa . The third game I played I was the Wild vs. the Jackets. I lost 2-1 but got absolutely dominated. My only goal came with 5 seconds left. I think the shots were 55-15. Absolutely nuts. The other games were not as lopsided. This is what makes the sliders so good. Every game has been different, just like the real NHL. I just have to try to win one with the Wild.

Overall Realm I am just loving these. The CPU finally adjusts to the way I play. This is what I've been asking for. I am finally unable to do the same thing every time down the ice. I have to dump the puck in, cycle low, move it to the point, etc. Just an awesome feeling. I think the difficulty at 0 is perfect for me. The only thing I would even think about changing is the speed of the CPU. It seems as though the CPU moves in hyperspeed. They're a little too dominant in a sort of unrealistic way because of this. They just move around a little too fast for my liking. This could just be because it's on Superstar. If that's the reason then I'll live with it.

Otherwise Realm you have a great start. This is the perfect skill level for me. The best thing is if it gets too easy along the way (which I doubt), we have a lot of room to bump up the difficulty since it's down at 0. I'm thinking of playing about 10 games or so before even thinking about changing anything. Sliders don't play out to their full potential until about 10 games IMO. I will also say that I'm just going to continue playing with the Wild. They are the team I'm running with in my Be A GM so I want to get used to them. In my first two games with them on these sliders I've been outplayed so I need to figure out how to not have that happen.
Thanks for the kind words Bwiggy, I really love how the game plays this year, AI is very solid imo. Getting a great challenge out of these and games have been varied. Glad you like them!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:13 PM   #7
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

Well I just figured out why it seemed like the game was in hyperspeed. I had forgot that when I played my friend yesterday that I changed the game speed up to 3 for him so he wouldn't complain. Everything is the way it should be now.

Also, Realm are you seeing any passes not being caught cleanly? I haven't seen any at all which leads me to believe that the pass reception slider may be broken. I double checked the setting to so I know I inputed it right.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 09-21-2011, 07:29 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Played four or five games with Montreal against Western Conference teams. I will play two or three more tonight and give you the results

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »