Home

Need advice for attribute allocation

This is a discussion on Need advice for attribute allocation within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-17-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
Rookie

daddystabz's Arena

OVR: 1
Need advice for attribute allocation

I am an avid online teamplay fan, although I'm not sure why because 95% of the teams I get stuck on suck and we lose, thus destroying my stats.

I am trying to build the most effective scorer I can. Right now I have my second rookie card unlocked and I have purchased all my boost slots for all my gear and put in +5 boosts in each slot. The boosts I bought are all for my offensive attributes mostly...stuff like acceleration, speed, wrist shot power/acc, faceoffs, passing, durability, hand-eye, offensive awareness, puck control, etc.

I play currently as a playmaker and I'm 1 win away from unlocking my third rookie card. I am having trouble accomplishing this though because every team I get stuck on always finds a way to lose. I've been needing 1 more win for like 7 or 8 games now. I play center 99% of the time.

My questions is this.....Where would you put your points and how would you build the ultimate scoring machine? I've concentrated so far on putting everything into my offensive stats but I still feel like my guy is a tad too slow and not quite agile enough.

What do your stats look like?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 10:28 AM   #2
Rookie

daddystabz's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Need advice for attribute allocation

Anyone? Any thoughts at all? I'm now about to unlock my second Pro card.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Chances are it has less to do with your attribute setups and more with your incompetent teamates. Personally as a playmaker I focus on Puck Control and Deking as my primary attributes, I try to round out Hand eye , passing, and OWA. If you want to be able to score goals you are better off with a sniper or PWF.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

No doubt you can occassionally get stuck on dog **** OTP teams that have no chance to win. But it also might have something to do with the fact that you want to be "the ultimate offensive scoring machine" at the most defensive of forward positions.

I'm sorry, but if you want to be a center, you're going about it the wrong way.

Hockey is 50% defense (you can get away w/ "less" defense at the wings, but a center should very much be defense oriented), and I'd recommend you put away your dreams of dangling the entire team out of their pants and focus on becoming more well rounded and team oriented (I know the "team" concept can be lost at times in OTP, but I'll tell you what... you start being a good teammate in OTP and it might just surprise you when your teammates start sending the love back your way and reciprocating)
Old 09-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm a playmaker as a ea and I avg 3 points a game I have 99 deke,85 hand eye,80 passing, 98 puck control, 97 wsa 93 wsp these are the main attributes if you want to be good hand eye is pointless dont go above 85 bc everyone does soft passes and make sure your wsa is more than your wsp and on ath side 75 balance is key and make your player small5-11 ish helps too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #6
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

The EASHL Forum is a good place to discuss attributes and builds. Look at the OS link bar at the very top of the page. By no means am I discouraging you from participating here, but it's also an OS site and has a community very much focused on EASHL/OTP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »