Home

Madden 12 Dead Pixel Live's interview with Creative Director Mike Young

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Dead Pixel Live's interview with Creative Director Mike Young within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-15-2011, 11:24 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden 12 Dead Pixel Live's interview with Creative Director Mike Young

http://deadpixellive.com/interviews/...-12-mike-young
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 12:02 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Madden 12 Dead Pixel Live's interview with Creative Director Mike Young

Nice interview, and cool that you got a question answered!
Old 09-16-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
Nice interview, and cool that you got a question answered!
Yeah it was a nice interview, i actually got 3 of my questions answered, im interested to hear what they are going to fix in this patch, sounds like they will address the rain issue in it.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:17 AM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Sounded like a genuine interview.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:34 AM   #5
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Good interview sad to see that body sliders can't be adressed this yr but I do hope they fix import rookies. Madden 13 sounds very promising with Mike Young at the helm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #6
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I liked the interview. Not totally sure what to make of everything, though. Mike Young seems like something of an introvert, so he's kind of difficult to read, and the way he answered the questions seemed measured. Or maybe he was just distracted because he was babysitting. At any rate, it's like he wanted to say "yes" to a few things, but didn't want to get anyone's hopes up in case the inevitable gears of development pushed something aside for something else.

Example: the question about tiered defensive playbooks. The answer was "in the future".

I like that it's on the table and being thought about, but does that mean next year, or is it so far down the list of priorities that it'll be the year after? I don't know. I get that he can't answer for sure, but I'd really love to toy around with a tiered playcalling system in Madden 13.

Good interview, though. He seems like the right guy for the job. He believes in as much customization as possible, and I got the vibe that he would have made a couple of different creative decisions for the better on the game this year.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I liked the interview. Not totally sure what to make of everything, though. Mike Young seems like something of an introvert, so he's kind of difficult to read, and the way he answered the questions seemed measured. Or maybe he was just distracted because he was babysitting. At any rate, it's like he wanted to say "yes" to a few things, but didn't want to get anyone's hopes up in case the inevitable gears of development pushed something aside for something else.

Example: the question about tiered defensive playbooks. The answer was "in the future".

I like that it's on the table and being thought about, but does that mean next year, or is it so far down the list of priorities that it'll be the year after? I don't know. I get that he can't answer for sure, but I'd really love to toy around with a tiered playcalling system in Madden 13.

Good interview, though. He seems like the right guy for the job. He believes in as much customization as possible, and I got the vibe that he would have made a couple of different creative decisions for the better on the game this year.
I got the same vibe you did.

He just can't say anything about future Maddens because it's policy not say anything about the new Madden until SB time. As you alluded to, if he said last night tiered play calling was in for 13 and then find out later they ran out of time or budget, you have angry hardcore football players.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:22 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 11

Nice interview! I got my questions answered as well! Bummin though that the camera lock is a major feature and can't be patched.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »