Home

Tuner Updates

This is a discussion on Tuner Updates within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-15-2011, 02:59 AM   #1
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Tuner Updates

So supposedly there were Tuner updates available upon release. Does anyone know what these fixed? I was thinking with all the freezing issues that I was gonna wait, possibly not even download one all together. To see if the freezes may be caused by the Tuners themselves or even Custom Music. I actually enjoy the way the game plays right now, so since I don't play online, I don't see much need for a tuner right away. Has anyone experiencing freezes, tried deleting all their NHL 12 data and just tried playing the game with slider adjustments only? No Tuners or Custom Soundtracks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 07:31 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Tuner Updates

I thought the same thing about the tuner. So until I hear some info as to what it has done...thanks but no thanks!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #3
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Personally, I downloaded and then deleted the tuner update (by deleting and recreating my NHL 12 profile). I don't think the tuner improved the game at all, I thought it could have even made it worse (glued pucks and skating), maybe only a wrong feeling, but I didn't want to take the chance, because I really love how the game plays out of the box. And since I almost never play online either, I don't think I will download any tuner again.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

My tuner options are still only 1.00 and "Latest", so I have no idea if there was a tuner that actually did anything at all?

What are the glued pucks you speak of? I haven't really noticed anything, and it certainly feels less gluey than last year.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #5
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
What are the glued pucks you speak of? I haven't really noticed anything, and it certainly feels less gluey than last year.
I assume he is referring to how easy players receive very hard passes from short distances. We've noticed it playing EASHL.

I'm sure Redshirt & co are monitoring feedback for tuning and some of the obvious stuff will be addressed shortly. In fact, I may even have to wade into the EA Forums to see if there is any news.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

If I remember correctly I have seen 2 tuner updates.
One was a gameplay update and after I downloaded that one I got another one right after saying something like game menu or game mode tuner update. It was late last night and I was half asleep so I don't know if what I read was true.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #7
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Hmm... Is there a reason we're only seeing 1.00 and "latest" in the options? If I remember correctly in previous years you could select "latest" if you wanted, but you could also select it via it's designated number (i.e. 1.01).

Did the first tuner just overwrite 1.00?
Old 09-15-2011, 03:09 PM   #8
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
Did the first tuner just overwrite 1.00?
Without being sure, this is exactly what I thought it did. Like I said, didn't want to take the chance, so I simply deleted it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »