Home

EA Customer Service and Tuner Set

This is a discussion on EA Customer Service and Tuner Set within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
Rookie

ezevthokie9's Arena

OVR: 1
EA Customer Service and Tuner Set

Here's my story. I haven't played this game since end of July b/c it was that unplayable for me. I figured I'd wait until the patch came out to restart my dynasty. Patch comes out, my PS+ account downloads it and I start the game up tonight.

Low and behold, it freezes at the "Please Wait" screen (as pre-patch) and I reboot. I cancel logging onto the EA Servers (as pre-patch) and get into the game. I decide to go online and connect that way and I get "Please Wait: Checking Online Gameplay Tuning." It sits for 10 mins and I decide to reboot again.

This reboot, I delete my game data and start up again. I redownload the patch, reinstall my game data, redownload my Online Pass and yet again, it freezes at "Please Wait" after press start. So I get on EA Tech Support Live Chat (since it was after 8 PM EST and the phones close at 5 PST). This is where the fun begins ...

"Praveen" helps me first. I tell him the deal, as told above, and he tells me to delete game data, which I inform him that I already mentioned that I did and it didn't work. He then tells me to open ports for online gaming. At this point, I mention a fact that leads me on a wild goose chase. I tell "Praveen" that I don't have this issue on Madden 12. I've downloaded rosters and everything on Madden with NO PROBLEMS. He then elevates me to the all important "Level 2" so someone can help me out ...

I wait 45 MINUTES at "Level 2". This entire time, my game remains on "Checking Online Gameplay Tuning." I get to #1 on the waiting queue at 9:40 EST only to get this message ...

There are no advisors available to chat with you right now. Please try again later.

Needless to say, this is the absolute worst experience I've ever had with ANY customer service. So I come to you guys, is there any way to "fix" this issue? other than breaking my disc in half and telling EA to stick it tomorrow after I get off work? I know this is an essay but I have to vent. I'm a longtime fan of EA but this really makes me want to give up completely on them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: EA Customer Service and Tuner Set

Hilarious!!!! Don't give them your money anymore. Find a madden or ncaa you like and stick to it lol
Old 09-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #3
Rookie

big_bair's Arena

OVR: 2

Wow, very frustrating I'm sure.

One thought due to a past experience of mine. Have you tried returning the one disc to where you bought it and exchanging it for another? I bought Halo Reach and could not get past the loading screen on the game. Returned the disc to the store and exchanged it. Same result. Rinsed and repeated a few times. Finally got tired of this and did some online research and found out that the game discs were pressed at 2 different locations (Mexico and Puerto Rico I think). For some reason the discs from one of the locations gave fits to 360's that had the old 12 GB HD. Returned my latest disc to the store and specifically looked for one pressed at the "good" location, brought it home, and presto, no more problems. Long story short, maybe you just got a bad disc or one that doesn't like your system setup.

Just a thought. Hope you are able to get your problem resolved.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sounds like bad media, or hardware issue. Try the game in a friends console, or if possible at the store where you purchased it to be sure.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
Rookie

pulseox's Arena

OVR: 1

Hello.....my name is PEGGY
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »