Home

Don't even bother trying BAP Goalie

This is a discussion on Don't even bother trying BAP Goalie within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Don't even bother trying BAP Goalie

It the same old crap has usual. Your team spend 85% of the time in the opponent zone. You get shot at less then 10 shots a game. Almost every shot is a one timer only a super human can stop. Like as every other year, you end up with an .800 goal stop percentage and you don't meet your objective.

Its time to give up BAP Goalie and play some HUT like last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 11:54 PM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Don't even bother trying BAP Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakar
It the same old crap has usual. Your team spend 85% of the time in the opponent zone. You get shot at less then 10 shots a game. Almost every shot is a one timer only a super human can stop. Like as every other year, you end up with an .800 goal stop percentage and you don't meet your objective.

Its time to give up BAP Goalie and play some HUT like last year.
I didn't find this at all dude. I had 15 shots on me in the first period alone in 2 of my first 5 games. I also had way less one timers than previous versions.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:03 AM   #3
MVP

omega412930's Arena

OVR: 5

If its the same as last year then im happy I had a great goals against and save percentage maybe u just suck as a goalie im sorry it was challenging and fun I won the cup in 7 games
Old 09-14-2011, 01:27 AM   #4
Rookie

Slayer82186's Arena

sliders can fix this
Old 09-14-2011, 02:06 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega412930
If its the same as last year then im happy I had a great goals against and save percentage maybe u just suck as a goalie im sorry it was challenging and fun I won the cup in 7 games
It has nothing to do with my suckyness. The other goalie is always receiving an higher number of shots coming from all angle while I am stuck trying to stop some impossible one timer.. I was playinng on Pro level in CHL. It was utterly a snooze fest like last year. Your team is always in the other teams zone. Your defense blocks too many shots. So at the end of the season, I have an 1.27 GAA but an stop percentage of .815. Go figure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Dude, the reason you aren't getting many shots is you are playing on pro. Move your level to all star or superstar and you should see many more shots.. The higher the skill level the more the cpu moves the puck and gets in your zone more. When I played BAP goalie on pro level i too only got about 12 shots against me vs my team getting around 28. Once I moved up to all star and superstar there were many more shots.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #7
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dptdawg
Dude, the reason you aren't getting many shots is you are playing on pro. Move your level to all star or superstar and you should see many more shots.. The higher the skill level the more the cpu moves the puck and gets in your zone more. When I played BAP goalie on pro level i too only got about 12 shots against me vs my team getting around 28. Once I moved up to all star and superstar there were many more shots.
Yup started a goalie last night on All-Star and played 3 games and the fewest number of shots I faced were 22. I stayed away from goalie before because of the lack of shots, that seems to have been corrected this year. Goalie is actually pretty fun to play now.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

The problem with BAP Goalie is that there isn't much to do. The only controls you really need are the left stick and the Triangle/Y button to cover up the puck....

Plus BAP Goalie is pretty boring. I'd rather play BAP as a established pro and add myself to the team roster as the starting goalie. That way I can yell at myself for missing that easy save

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »