Home

Does anyone play Second and Ten?

This is a discussion on Does anyone play Second and Ten? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Does anyone play Second and Ten?

Does anyone play this text sim by RooGames? Thinking about buying it and wondering if it's worth the price tag. I'm growing tired of the seemingly random results of Bowl Bound's in-game play calling.

Edit: I bought this and am very happy with it so far. Just replayed the 2001 Florida - Tennessee game and stats were pretty accurate. Rex Grossman threw for 324 yards but Florida still lost by 2, 28-26. The only concern is we managed to hold the Vols and Cedric Benson to something like 53 yards rushing. In the real 2001 game Benson had like 240 or so yards. Really enjoying this game though.

Last edited by Matt23134; 09-23-2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Does anyone play Second and Ten?

No, but I might buy it now. Looks awesome from what I am seeing on the website.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:50 PM   #3
Rookie

Indeed. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of a career mode. The ability to create teams by simply filling in stats is enticing though.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:32 AM   #4
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

This is a very good game with realistic results. It's very generic with no bells & whistles but if accurate historical replays are your thing then I'd say get it.

Developer support is good too, if you have a question he'll usually respond within 24 hours in the forum. And he's always looking to improve the game through community feedback.

I like to use the tournament feature where you can enter all the teams you want; then you either sim or play any team at any time during the tourney. I discovered the 98 Broncos are a fun team to play - their 2000 yard rusher & Elway combo is just nasty.

All the great teams are really tough to beat - the 60's Packers, 70's Steelers, 80's Niners etc. You really have to call a good game and hope for turnovers to beat them with lesser teams.

For the most part the games play out just as they should, but there are blowouts as well due to turnovers or lucky dice-rolls. The "fog of war" element feels about right to me. Take the 72 Dolphins vs the 85 Bears and you'll have a major field possession battle on your hands. Go up against the 2001 Rams and you better find a way to eat the clock.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks swaldo. Have you played Action PC Football? Any opinion on how this stacks up to Action?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 12:34 AM   #6
Pro

I run a text sim called DeepRoute.com and I'd love for you to give it a try, and give me any input you have.

It's very statistically accurate, and it uses the real new CBA.

Deeproute is a free to play GM/Coach simulator, and it's awesome.

Like us at http://www.facebook.com/pages/DeepRoute/102615446464773
Old 09-20-2011, 03:49 AM   #7
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

I played the first version of Action PC but am not sure how it stacks up today. I'd say "Action" is more complex though because 2nd & Ten has a very simple playcalling system which is fine by me. When I first played it I was turned off by it's simplicity, but something about the game draws you in.

Coming up with a game-plan and seeing it come to fruition with a tight victory; or being put in those tough game changing situations and making the right call to save the game. It's just good basic fun with realistic results. If you're looking for something deep and complex it's probably not the best choice.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by notque
I run a text sim called DeepRoute.com and I'd love for you to give it a try, and give me any input you have.

It's very statistically accurate, and it uses the real new CBA.
Sounds interesting. Does it offer in-game playcalling?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »