Home

Do we expect too much?

This is a discussion on Do we expect too much? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
Rookie

FutureAUgrad's Arena

OVR: 2
Do we expect too much?

Let me start this off by saying that I'm talking about the presentation of the game in terms of console power. I am NOT saying that we shouldn't be angry about the game being either broken or lacking quality and realism in certain categories. Back to the point, do we expect too much in presentation compared to what the PS3s and XBOX 360s can actually handle? My guess would be no because NBA 2K11 had a plethora of good stat overlays, but maybe football games take up more space than basketball. I'm just throwing ideas out there; I really have no idea. It seems to me, though, that if it were possible to have a fantastic presentation for these games then EA would almost HAVE to incorporate that somehow into NCAA Football 13 to try and appease all of the people that now hate them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 05:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Do we expect too much?

I'd say no... I'm not an NFL 2k5 homer or anything, but I clearly remember their overlays, commentary, and post-play camera angles being so much more TV like than anything EA has thrown out there in the 6 or 7 years since their exclusive license deal.

I like to think that NFL2k would've evolved into just as solid of a series as NBA2k is today... which is considered the best sports game series imo other than FIFA.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
Rookie

FutureAUgrad's Arena

NBA 2K11 is without a doubt the best sports game I have ever played. It's no contest. I really think that the people are just lazy, though. It's too bad that they have the exclusive rights. These college football games could be so much more.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureAUgrad
Let me start this off by saying that I'm talking about the presentation of the game in terms of console power. I am NOT saying that we shouldn't be angry about the game being either broken or lacking quality and realism in certain categories. Back to the point, do we expect too much in presentation compared to what the PS3s and XBOX 360s can actually handle? My guess would be no because NBA 2K11 had a plethora of good stat overlays, but maybe football games take up more space than basketball. I'm just throwing ideas out there; I really have no idea. It seems to me, though, that if it were possible to have a fantastic presentation for these games then EA would almost HAVE to incorporate that somehow into NCAA Football 13 to try and appease all of the people that now hate them.

Absolutely not. Look at NBA 2k and look at mlb the show, those games look identical to real life. They play pretty much identical to real life. NCAA basically does neither.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #5
Rookie

FutureAUgrad's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Absolutely not. Look at NBA 2k and look at mlb the show, those games look identical to real life. They play pretty much identical to real life. NCAA basically does neither.
Yeah, that was pretty much my thoughts exactly. My only defense that I could possibly think of for EA was the "football games take up more space on the disk and don't leave enough for presentation material", but that was with me REALLY reaching for a possibility.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 06:14 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well, in all fairness, NCAA has 120 teams on the disc where as NFL only has 32, NBA 30, and MLB 30 as well. So, the NCAA series has 4 times as many teams to put on to the same size disc.

I am by no means an EA fanboy, especially with this latest fiasco, but this could be the reason.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:59 PM   #7
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt26
Well, in all fairness, NCAA has 120 teams on the disc where as NFL only has 32, NBA 30, and MLB 30 as well. So, the NCAA series has 4 times as many teams to put on to the same size disc.

I am by no means an EA fanboy, especially with this latest fiasco, but this could be the reason.

good post,

i am not a presentation guy by any means but i feel the expectations are not too much. i think if additions worked better it would go along way to easing some crituque. i would love to use custom sounds but its wonky.

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 09-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

I say no that don't get a pass, mainly because I still play NCAA Football 06 and the presentation aspects are off the charts compared to NCAA 11 AND 12

It is laziness IMHO, because all they have to do is go look back at one of their own games to see how it should be done, SMH

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »