Home

How much more time should I WASTE on this game?

This is a discussion on How much more time should I WASTE on this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-11-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
Rookie

xBaBaBooeyx's Arena

OVR: 1
How much more time should I WASTE on this game?

As a long time fan of this game and mostly a supporter of EA, I've reached my breaking point. After spending hours re-creating 7, yes 7, playbooks (after re-creating 2 of these once already). After a dynasty game that froze with 3 seconds left after an amazing comeback. After a dynasty game that froze after 3 quarters. I really don't know how much more time I should invest in this game.

My no-huddle is jacked up, my playbooks were jacked up, and I just played a pocket passing QB that ran about 12 read option plays. Somebody PLEASE give me a reason to keep playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
Rookie

Buckstopshere's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: How much more time should I WASTE on this game?

I honestly can't with a straight face. Not when I can't even get on OD servers for the second day in a row.

I'm getting ready to my copy up on Amazon and just say the hell with it and the hell with EA Sports for the rest of the year at least.

Next year, I won't even consider buying one of these games until after the first major patch but as this has demonstrated that's not even a guarantee.

Ridiculous. No excuses for this. None.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

You base whether you keep a game on others opinions? If you like the game and can tolerate the issues I keep it.. if not I get rid of it.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 09-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
Rookie

Buckstopshere's Arena

OVR: 4

Wait a sec...dumb question:

How many of these as yet unfixed issues affect offline? Things like what the OP is complaining about?

Basically if I can have a fairly bug free offline experience I'll happily keep this game but if I can't then it means I'm probably going to get ready to sell it soon.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I play offline only. In about 90 games I've lost 2 games to freezes. As for custom playbook, I didn't have many problems converting it over. but It isn't vastly different from Nebraska's playbook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #6
Rookie

steelernation28's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckstopshere
I honestly can't with a straight face. Not when I can't even get on OD servers for the second day in a row.

I'm getting ready to my copy up on Amazon and just say the hell with it and the hell with EA Sports for the rest of the year at least.

Next year, I won't even consider buying one of these games until after the first major patch but as this has demonstrated that's not even a guarantee.

Ridiculous. No excuses for this. None.

I agree. Waiting a few months for a patch that wrecks the games even more than was to begin with. This whole generation of EA football is an **** fail.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #7
Rookie

xBaBaBooeyx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckstopshere
Wait a sec...dumb question:

How many of these as yet unfixed issues affect offline? Things like what the OP is complaining about?

Basically if I can have a fairly bug free offline experience I'll happily keep this game but if I can't then it means I'm probably going to get ready to sell it soon.
One online dynasty and one offline. The issues I mentioned previously were all OFFLINE dynasty. I didn't even mention the ONLINE dynasty issues I've had, like "losing" the national championship after winning the game due to some jacked up sim glitch.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #8
Rookie

xBaBaBooeyx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
You base whether you keep a game on others opinions? If you like the game and can tolerate the issues I keep it.. if not I get rid of it.
Just voicing my frustrations man. I love the game minus the glitches. When I only have limited time to spend on the 360, it is incredibly aggravating to lose the progress you've made or have to go back and do it over again. I've played the game for 15 years and have never experienced as many issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »