Home

Where Were You on September 11th 2001?

This is a discussion on Where Were You on September 11th 2001? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22
Where Were You on September 11th 2001?

It's Amazing how some events always remain fresh in your mind like they happened yesterday. I Can remember every single detail about that day 10 years ago yet i can't tell you what i had for breakfast 2 days ago. On September 11th 2001 I can tell you all of the places i went to, the people i saw, the thoughts that i had that i might have lost a loved one. Where were you when the planes hit the towers and is that day burned into your mind as much as it is to mine?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Where Were You on September 11th 2001?

Ft. Bragg, guard duty on Simmons Army Airfield to be specific and yes I remember everything about that day.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 09-10-2011, 10:05 PM   #3
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Ft. Huachuca, AZ learning Morse code for the Navy.

Sent from RedskinNation.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 09-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
Pro

The Big Squeezy's Arena

OVR: 9

I was actually in 2nd grade, so I don't remember much other than the teachers all turning on the classroom TV's to the news and we spent the rest of the day watching the news.
Buckeyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp
Ken Dilger, weapon.
Someone needs to set this thread on fire.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #5
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

I guess you could say I was a 3rd year sophomore at Allegheny College. I remember waking up around 11:30 that morning as I didn't have class on Tuesday morning that semester. I took down my AIM away message and began getting dressed when one of my friends IM'd me and told me to turn on the TV. I asked him why and he said someone crashed a plane into the WTC so then I finished getting dressed and was monitoring coverage on TV and the internet. Later I was looking for one of my hallmates who was from Brooklyn. I later found him at the food court and he said his family was fine. Classes weren't cancelled that day I guess to try to maintain some sense of normalcy though teachers weren't taking attendance. I had a 1:30 English class that afternoon and, though normally there are about 15 different conversations going on at once before class starts, you could almost here a pin drop it was so quiet in the class room. The only sound was 2 girls whispering to each other somewhere behind me. That class ended up being cancelled a few minutes later because the teachers in-laws lived in New York and they were still trying to contact them (they did eventually succeed).

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #6
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

I woke up LATE because my mom was catching a plane to Philly and my dad just forgot. So I actually got into school late and had to be checked it, and while I was walking to my class I saw a bunch of teachers run to the teachers lounge. I was told to walk back to class and start the TV/Hangman game, which to a third grader was the greatest thing in the history of ever to happen. Pretty soon we were all brought to the cafeteria where they had it on. We were sent home at lunch, and it wasn't until the bus ride that I realized my mom was in the air. It was the biggest "oh ****" moment of my life.

About 15 minutes of arriving home, my dad got in touch with my mom (I forgot where she was) so that made things a little better.

It's pretty amazing to me how crisp I remember it considering how young I was.

@AdamdotH
Old 09-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #7
Ice Cold

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

5th grade, I was in gym class. This was when my family was stationed at Fort Meade, MD, that's right between DC and Baltimore and home of the NSA.

They locked Fort Meade down for a whole week, including the closing of schools for that week.
I remember getting pulled out of school that morning and seeing a flood of other parents there to pick up their kids. I didn't know why I was being taken out of school and my mom wouldn't tell me on the way home, which was weird because normally she would just say why. But of course it became clear once I got home and saw what happened.
I will never forget what happened that day.

Last edited by NoDakHusker; 09-10-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:35 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 8

9th grade.

I was in honors world geography when someone came into the room and said what happened. My teacher turned on the TV and we just followed the news the rest of class.

Surprisingly there weren't a lot of kids taken out of school that I know of. I saw a few, but the school day went on as usual. Or as usual as it can with what happened and every class tuned into the coverage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »