Home

NHL12 Roster/Ratings General Discussion

This is a discussion on NHL12 Roster/Ratings General Discussion within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-09-2011, 08:29 AM   #1
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
NHL12 Roster/Ratings General Discussion

With EA Season Ticket availability of NHL12 today, I'm sure a fair amount of people will have the game. Please use this thread for general discussion of rosters, ratings, and errors such as incorrect handedness or team*.

*NOTE: I'm sure the out of the box roster will not be up to date in terms of transactions and will likely have some free agents still with their 2010-11 team. Please take this into consideration as we wait for a roster update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
Rookie

AngelPingu's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NHL12 Roster/Ratings General Discussion

Since roster sharing is not working again on PS3, I'm planning to make a list of players (prospects) to create, who either play in NCAA, junior euro leagues, KHL, etc. to have better drafts. I wanted to know :
-How many players can you create ? (CAP limit)
-What's the youngest birthdate you can give a player ? (December 31st 1995 I would guess, but I prefer to ask)
Old 09-13-2011, 06:03 AM   #3
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Should be noted that the first update is up.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #4
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16

Not sure if this is the right place for this but can someone help me with ratings for Halifax Moosehead 1st Round Pick Nathan MacKinnon? He is not in the game.
GLES - USC

Old 09-13-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Anybody else notice that prospal is still on the rangers post update? He signed with Columbus over the summer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 01:28 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970
Anybody else notice that prospal is still on the rangers post update? He signed with Columbus over the summer
yeah couldnt believe that.

here are moves I made after downloading the update:

took the top 10 draft picks and moved them to their NHL teams AHL affiliate.

NYR- Prospal- CLB
NYR- Frolov- FA (signed with over seas team)
PIT- Crosby- Moved to Wilks Barrie (AHL) as he will miss a lot of time
BOS- Savard- Moved to Providence (AHL) as his career is in doubt.
FA- Emery- Chi
Old 09-25-2011, 03:11 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Linus Omark is an 81.
Gilbert Bruke is an 82.

Neither should be above 76.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #8
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

After a bunch of testing so far,....using Super Star difficulty mind you.....

I`m finding that human user controlled teams vs the cpu, have a defensive awareness handicap,that needs to be adjusted for IMO,....as well,human user cpu controlled goalies are also under tuned.

I think it was about a 5-10% bump in defensive awareness attribute,depending on the player,....for all players on the human user controlled team,.....for my goalie,...because I`m testing here,I have every attribute at 99 except for aggressiveness = 75,and puck playing frequency = 87

I am using my latest slider tuning as well,.....

The defensive awareness looked better from my cpu controlled players and my goalie is not a GOD,despite what the attributes look like.....as my goalie has been playing quite normal against cpu teams that are running on the stock EA rosters,with the exception of my normal NHL rosters goalie edits(which are a better,more realistic version,...and they are tuned to work with the game's overpowered shooting accuracy(just one example).

I also think that using a game speed of 0,andplayer accel at 4/4 reduces the craziness of the hip check enough to make it much better, IMO.

Game speed of 0 sounds a little crazy,I know,......I`ve drifted from 3 to 2, and from 2... I think I tried 1 for only a short while and then went to 0
.......also I was using different player accel settings of 4/4,5/5,6/6

I just find these two sliders a little more subtle in their effect this year,....or maybe it`s the new skating animations,...or possibly just some of the other slider settings that I`m using that make it seem that way.

Anyway,...this is just what I`ve sort of gone through in the last,what is it,...2 weeks with the game,for me anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters »