Home

can someone fix TACKLES FOR LOSS against cpu?

This is a discussion on can someone fix TACKLES FOR LOSS against cpu? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
can someone fix TACKLES FOR LOSS against cpu?

First, sorry for my bad English.

I my opinion madden 12 is much better than previous versions, but i have one big problem with the gameplay, that i cant fix with sliders. I only play on slow or very slow and speed threshold at O, because everything higher looks really unrealistic for me. Every game i got 6,7 or even more tackles for loss and thats not the case in the NFL.

The cpu-runblock-slider is at 90 and break-tackle-slider is at 75, fumbles at 50. But it seems that the computer have not the ability to pick up blitzes against the run or can react to saftys reacting to running situations. All sliders at 100 didnt help either.

Every combination for the human run defence sliders gives me the same result, even all-madden combinations. PS: I never press A for defense assist.

Anybody out here have the same problem?
Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: can someone fix TACKLES FOR LOSS against cpu?

As a test (assuming you haven't already), try 0/0/0 for User Rush Defense and see if that doesn't make a difference.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #3
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHB1
First, sorry for my bad English.

I my opinion madden 12 is much better than previous versions, but i have one big problem with the gameplay, that i cant fix with sliders. I only play on slow or very slow and speed threshold at O, because everything higher looks really unrealistic for me. Every game i got 6,7 or even more tackles for loss and thats not the case in the NFL.

The cpu-runblock-slider is at 90 and break-tackle-slider is at 75, fumbles at 50. But it seems that the computer have not the ability to pick up blitzes against the run or can react to saftys reacting to running situations. All sliders at 100 didnt help either.

Every combination for the human run defence sliders gives me the same result, even all-madden combinations. PS: I never press A for defense assist.

Anybody out here have the same problem?
Thanks
This is very important to answer. Did you touch the Player Sliders? What level are you playing on?
Old 09-08-2011, 02:13 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

1 other problem is that in Madden they record everything that doesn't get back to the line as a tackle for a loss. So if a guy is 1 inch short, its a tackle for loss. In real life they record this stat as a yard or more. But because its a computer game, the computer can distinguish this. In real life if the runner is stopped a 1/2 yard or less short on 1st down, and they still call it 2nd and 10, noone got credit for a tackle for loss. A tackle for loss should be when the defense blows up the play.

Its a pretty worthless stat, I wouldn't get hung up on it.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #5
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
1 other problem is that in Madden they record everything that doesn't get back to the line as a tackle for a loss. So if a guy is 1 inch short, its a tackle for loss. In real life they record this stat as a yard or more. But because its a computer game, the computer can distinguish this. In real life if the runner is stopped a 1/2 yard or less short on 1st down, and they still call it 2nd and 10, noone got credit for a tackle for loss. A tackle for loss should be when the defense blows up the play.

Its a pretty worthless stat, I wouldn't get hung up on it.
I agree
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
This is very important to answer. Did you touch the Player Sliders? What level are you playing on?
Yes I did. I try default all-madden, all-pro and many other combinations. The problem is that I think always when blitzing the left tackle and left guard of the cpu both block the right end instead of going one on one with blitzing LB or safty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »