Home

The Official OS "Who to Start" Thread

This is a discussion on The Official OS "Who to Start" Thread within the Fantasy Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > Fantasy Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
The Official OS "Who to Start" Thread

I figured I'd start one of these, since a lot of folks will be asking this over the next few days or so, so hopefully this one thread can be the place all season for folks to place their lineup quandrys.

For my WR and WR/RB position I'm torn between 5 guys
Ochocinco (vs MIA), Mike Thomas (vs TEN), Pierre Garcon (vs HOU), Fred Jackson, and CJ Spiller (vs KC). Thinking of starting Ocho at my 2nd WR w/ Calvin Johnson, and using Mike Thomas in the flex position. PPR league.

In another league, I'm really weak at WR, so I have 2 spots between
Ochocinco (vs MIA), Boldin (vs PIT), Garcon (vs HOU), and Plaxico (vs DAL). Right now I'm starting Ocho and Boldin, but not sure how Indy's offense will do w/o Manning, even though they're facing Houston's defense.

Also at TE - Marcedes Lewis (vs TEN) or Dustin Keller (vs NYJ)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 01:48 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Official OS "Who to Start" Thread

Should I start Bradford or Hasselbeck? I know this might sound weird, but the Philly defense looks scary. I know the Rams are talking about beating the dream team by only allowing 2 of the 3 great corners be on the field at a time, but I'm not convinced. Matt on the other hand is facing a terrible pass rush and secondary against the Jags. However, Hasselbeck is having trouble adjusting to the new offense, unlike Bradford who apparently is fitting right into the new scheme. Please help..
Old 09-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
I figured I'd start one of these, since a lot of folks will be asking this over the next few days or so, so hopefully this one thread can be the place all season for folks to place their lineup quandrys.

Ochocinco (vs MIA), Mike Thomas (vs TEN), Pierre Garcon (vs HOU), Fred Jackson, and CJ Spiller (vs KC). Thinking of starting Ocho at my 2nd WR w/ Calvin Johnson, and using Mike Thomas in the flex position. PPR league.

Ochocinco (vs MIA), Boldin (vs PIT), Garcon (vs HOU), and Plaxico (vs DAL). Right now I'm starting Ocho and Boldin, but not sure how Indy's offense will do w/o Manning, even though they're facing Houston's defense.

Don't start Garcon or Spiller until they show you they deserve it. I think I'd start Jackson over Ocho but one of those two (along with Thomas... Ocho needs to show me he's ready too in that new system).

2nd league, it's gonna be a tough week for you at WR. I don't like any of those guys for a big week but I guess I'd go with Boldin and either Ocho or Plaxico... probably in that order. TE, six in one 1/2 dozen in the other but I'd pick Keller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendRyder
Should I start Bradford or Hasselbeck? I know this might sound weird, but the Philly defense looks scary. I know the Rams are talking about beating the dream team by only allowing 2 of the 3 great corners be on the field at a time, but I'm not convinced. Matt on the other hand is facing a terrible pass rush and secondary against the Jags. However, Hasselbeck is having trouble adjusting to the new offense, unlike Bradford who apparently is fitting right into the new scheme. Please help..
Hasselbeck is a bye week fill in until proven otherwise, and I don't even think he's a great option there at this point. Start Bradford.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:50 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012

Ochocinco & Mike Thomas - Always good for ppr leagues to start a RB in the flex spot. Especially one that will get a lot of touches.

Ocho & Bolden - Really don't think its that hard of a choice. Steelers D is great, but their weakness is against the pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendRyder
I'd go Bradford. I think he'll throw for more way more yards due to the Eagles having the lead. Jags are awful, but i expect the Titans to be winning the game late.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Green-Ellis (vs MIA), Fred Jackson (vs. KC) or Spiller (vs. KC) pick one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #6
Running of the Bulls

Macar91's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Green-Ellis (vs MIA), Fred Jackson (vs. KC) or Spiller (vs. KC) pick one.
I'd go with BenJarvus. He had a great preseason, and I think he'll run for at least one score against Miami.

Should I start Felix Jones against NYJ or Cedric Benson against CLE?
Old 09-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Matt Ryan (@CHI) or Kyle Orton (vs. OAK)?
Old 09-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macar91
I'd go with BenJarvus. He had a great preseason, and I think he'll run for at least one score against Miami.

Should I start Felix Jones against NYJ or Cedric Benson against CLE?
I'd go with Jones, only because Benson is still a ? to me. I'm not sold on him at all. I'd wait a week and see what he's made of before you start him. We already know Jones is explosive, even if it is against the Jets.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > Fantasy Football »