Home

Hit Stick and Power/Finesse Moves Should NOT be the Same Button in NCAA/Madden

This is a discussion on Hit Stick and Power/Finesse Moves Should NOT be the Same Button in NCAA/Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-07-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Hit Stick and Power/Finesse Moves Should NOT be the Same Button in NCAA/Madden

I hate when I'm trying to make a move with my DLine and the player ends up trying to hit stick. I think it makes no sense to have both the hit stick and power/finesse moves as the same button.

I also think it makes no sense to have the CPU decide whether or not we make a power or finesse move. The User deserves more control.

Two common issues arise:

1. It's difficult to tell if the defender is engaged with the OLineman, so the Right Stick is clicked. If for some reason they are not engaged, the defender hit sticks the air.

2. The user may click the Right Stick multiple times in trying to perform a move on the OLineman, and in doing so, he performs the power/finesse move, then proceeds to hit stick the air because he clicked the stick too much.

This is a video that shows what I'm talking about:

Last edited by Palo20; 09-07-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 12:23 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Hit Stick and Power/Finesse Moves Should NOT be the Same Button in NCAA/Madden

You are hitting the HIT STICK too early if you are hit sticking through the line before contact. Dwight Freeney does not spin move before he makes contact with a OL. Furthermore you determine whether or not you finesse or power move. I have never had a problem with the HIT STICK when it comes to OL DL interaction.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:56 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Hit Stick and Power/Finesse Moves Should NOT be the Same Button in NCAA/Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I hate when I'm trying to make a move with my DLine and the player ends up trying to hit stick. I think it makes no sense to have both the hit stick and power/finesse moves as the same button.

I also think it makes no sense to have the CPU decide whether or not we make a power or finesse move. The User deserves more control.

Two common issues arise:

1. It's difficult to tell if the defender is engaged with the OLineman, so the Right Stick is clicked. If for some reason they are not engaged, the defender hit sticks the air.

2. The user may click the Right Stick multiple times in trying to perform a move on the OLineman, and in doing so, he performs the power/finesse move, then proceeds to hit stick the air because he clicked the stick too much.

This is a video that shows what I'm talking about:

I agree with you 100%, it shouldn't be a surprise to the user as to what the player is going to do when you press down on the right stick. I'm surprised this wasn't brought up earlier.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #4
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

How about you stop spazzing on the stick and hit it ounce? Power moves and Finesse moves are different on the stick too.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
How about you stop spazzing on the stick and hit it ounce? Power moves and Finesse moves are different on the stick too.
I have even seen on kickoffs when without even touching the right stick it goes through the hit stick animation. The same issue with the triangle button. When you want to jump it only throw hands up, we should have more control over that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #6
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikphaze01
I have even seen on kickoffs when without even touching the right stick it goes through the hit stick animation. The same issue with the triangle button. When you want to jump it only throw hands up, we should have more control over that.
I'm betting you're on the PS3, aren't you? Turn off the motion sensor function.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:21 AM   #7
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Usually if you wait until the OLineman engages you, it's too late to make a move anyway. You have to use the stick just before that. The timing is difficult to gauge, and the end result of bad timing should NOT be hit sticking the air.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

It would be nice if we could have the defense on the field only. That way we could level drops and line pursuits. I think the swim move buttons should be the shoulder buttons and the power move button should be ¿

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »