Home

I Fixed the Imported Draft! (No P/K in first round, no Carolina taking a QB)

This is a discussion on I Fixed the Imported Draft! (No P/K in first round, no Carolina taking a QB) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I Fixed the Imported Draft! (No P/K in first round, no Carolina taking a QB)

After a LOT of work (seen here http://www.operationsports.com/forum...c-exposed.html), I finally have the CPU drafting an NCAA imported team realistically!

Here are my steps.

Controlling all 32 teams. I set everything to CPU, because I don't want to micromanage.

Before the draft, I make note of any team that has a "Future Star" at QB.

Go into coaching strategies. Set the kicker and punter priorities for each team to 0.

Set the QB priority for any team with a future star to 0.

All other priorities were left at 100 (THIS IS IMPORTANT).

It took me less than ten minutes to do all of this.

Results: Punter Drew Butler...projected to go third overall...WAS NOT DRAFTED. Likewise, the Bengals (who have a future star QB) skipped all the QBs at the top of the list and used their first pick on a safety. Realistic picks across the board. No punters were drafted at all, and only one kicker was taken, in the 7th round. Carolina took a wide receiver with their first pick. Teams that needed a QB took one, teams that didn't didn't. One safety who was projected in the top ten dipped to 17th. A halfback projected for the first round dropped to the 2nd. Two guys projected for the second round went in the first.

VERY happy with the results. For those interested in the full first round's results, click the link above. It's on the last page.

Hope this helps everyone finally start to enjoy imported draft classes!

EDIT:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

1) Do I have to control all 32 teams?
Yes. Controlling even just 31 teams WILL result in a punter being taken in the 1st round. You can set all options to CPU, and you can certainly be hands-off during the draft itself, but you must control all 32 teams so you can change their priorities, as listed above.

2) Can I tweak this formula? I want my QB at 50, my HB at 70, and my DT at -32. You are certainly welcome to try. However, this formula is posted here for a reason: It actually works. Many, including myself, have attempted other formulas. They have ALL resulted in a punter being taken in the first round...even when the punter priority was zero.

3) Can I play the season as 1 team, then switch to 32 teams during the offseason, make the drafting priority changes, and switch back to my 1 team? In theory? Yes. In reality? No. There is a serious bug where attempting to do this results in a game-breaking bug when you access the NYG's coaching strategy screen.

Last edited by Actinguy1; 09-04-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: I Fixed the Imported Draft! (No P/K in first round, no Carolina taking a QB)

Wow, that's actually a really good find, great job man.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: I Fixed the Imported Draft! (No P/K in first round, no Carolina taking a QB)

You deserve a spot in the OS HOF if there ever is one for all the work you've done regarding this issue.

Fantastic job man.
Chicago Blackhawks
Old 09-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
Rookie

I live to serve.

Here's a list of where the QB's went, for a look at how it works.

1-2 BUFFALO Brandon Wheeden, OK State (Lost Fitzpatrick to Raiders)
1-3 SEATTLE Andrew Luck, Stanford
1-8 MIAMI Ryan Lindley, San Diego State
1-9 LIONS Landry Jones, Oklahoma (Stafford is injury prone and underachieving)
3-70 BUCCANEERS Case Keenum, Houston (Needed a backup QB)
4-122 PACKERS Dayne Crist, Notre Dame (Backup)
4-127 STEELERS Bryant Moniz, Hawaii (Backup)
5-143 COWBOYS Kellen Moore, Boise State (Backup Kitna retired)
6-170 GIANTS Russell Wilson, Wisconsin (Backup)
7-196 RAIDERS Dan Persa, Northwestern (Backup to Fitzpatrick)
7-210 RAVENS Nick Foles, Arizona (Backup)
7-223 STEELERS Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M (Steelers took two QB's this draft, but they released everyone but Roethlisberger, so I guess that works).
Old 09-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Great work! Would you say that the teams are addressing actual needs in the draft besides ignoring QBs if they don't need them/punters altogether? Are you seeing teams with need at OL grabbing OL players high?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10

NIIIICE!! So are you controlling all 32-teams to begin with or just during the off-season??

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings
Old 09-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #7
Rookie

vequintana's Arena

I live with 4 other guys and we love to do fantasy drafts and try to out wit each other by trying to see who can build the best franchise using a mix of madden and imported draft classes. I have been following your threads closely before we start our little game so that we have the best experience we can with what we have to deal with.

Do you think having 5 legitimately controlled User teams would be enough to throw a wrench into the computer's dastardly ways? Would changing everyone's P/K sliders to 0 result in no CPUs drafting one at all?

I just joined up here yesterday and I'm trying to catch up so I apologize if I ask something that seasoned vets here consider common knowledge.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #8
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Wow, I opened this expecting to find some bogus solution, but damn dude, good job. Now we just gotta figure out a way to get teams to sign legitimate backups instead of just having late draft picks/undrafted guys for backups at every position without having to turn salary cap off.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »