Home

All Pro too easy, All Madden too hard...

This is a discussion on All Pro too easy, All Madden too hard... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
All Pro too easy, All Madden too hard...

ok so Im stuck in the classic too easy\too hard dilemma. I dont like to play on All Pro because I win every game. But I lose every game on All Madden. I just need to keep practicing so I can actually beat the CPU on All Madden. But I find myself getting extremely mad when I play on All Madden and I always end up shutting the game off. Rushing is really hard on All Madden. I'll have a wide open hole and the CPU will just instantly shed their blocks and tackle me right in the hole. Its ridiculous. What should I do? What sliders set is the best to use for real stats. I play 10 min quarters because 12 is too long for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: All Pro too easy, All Madden too hard...

This has been my dilemma since like Madden '04... Sliders are your friend though. Just keep messing with those until you find a good balance. I had to bump all the CPU's skills up to like 60 except for rush defense, I lowered that.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarz45
ok so Im stuck in the classic too easy\too hard dilemma. I dont like to play on All Pro because I win every game. But I lose every game on All Madden. I just need to keep practicing so I can actually beat the CPU on All Madden. But I find myself getting extremely mad when I play on All Madden and I always end up shutting the game off. Rushing is really hard on All Madden. I'll have a wide open hole and the CPU will just instantly shed their blocks and tackle me right in the hole. Its ridiculous. What should I do? What sliders set is the best to use for real stats. I play 10 min quarters because 12 is too long for me.
Check out my all-madden sliders in my signature. I'll help you put together a set to suit your style of play. Start off using my base set in red.. Don't use anything I have in black..
Old 09-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
Banned

Trag3dy's Arena

OVR: 0

I recommend starting with mkharsh's sliders and modifying to taste. Apparently his sliders have ties to Playmakers.

I was a slider creator in Madden 10 & 11 and am pretty much still using my sliders from last year with a few changes made due to "improvements" to defense. Playmakers' set is always where I used to start when Madden is released.

Our sets ended up being pretty well differentiated due to difference in philosophies when it came to defense, but anyone around here will tell you Playmakers' sets have always been a pretty good place to start when it comes to "fixing" Madden.

I'm getting pretty good results from my set right now personally... had a 24-17 game w/ my Steelers Vs. the Giants earlier, a game that stayed 0-3 until the last 4 minutes Vs. the Ravens (ended up winning 10-3). Mind you, my games are 12 minute quarters w/ 15 sec AC.

So if you had a favorite set from 11 (or perhaps even 10) that you liked, you could even start there and just tweak the defense to compensate for the changes in 12 and you'd probably hit somewhere close to home.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 2

Put the game on all madden then turn all the CPU skill attributes to 25 and try those out. Been getting some pretty realistic games on these settings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 03:45 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 19

Give my sliders a try, i was having the same issue, i think i Have found a good balance. My sliders are in the sub-forum with my name in the title.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #7
Pro

Giants2003's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman08
Put the game on all madden then turn all the CPU skill attributes to 25 and try those out. Been getting some pretty realistic games on these settings
man these are working great thanks!!!
Old 09-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #8
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16

I have tried sliders and everything in between, but the cpu pass game is just too weak.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »