Home

#1 thing that NEEDS to be fixed...

This is a discussion on #1 thing that NEEDS to be fixed... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-03-2011, 05:25 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 23
#1 thing that NEEDS to be fixed... Gameplay wise...

TRAJECTORY ON PASSES

The ball is simply TOO LOW to the Ground... This causes some weird animations from LB's and gives the impression that they are "super LBs" when in fact, the ball itself is too low to the ground...

Nothing frustrates me more, then throwing a ball to a WR 15 or 20 yards BEHIND the Linebackers, and, because the ball is only 5 1/2 ft off the ground, a LB is able to knock the pass down or even intercept it...

I can't understand how this has gone unchanged for so long... PS2 and Xbox had the passing pretty much perfect when it relates to the height of the passes... Why the change on 'next gen'???

psn - CeeGee

Last edited by cgalligan; 09-13-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 05:30 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: #1 thing that NEEDS to be fixed...

I'm with you on this. I played two games last night, and every time I see an open receiver on the sideline or up the middle. The lineback would jump and block it or pick it. Really blows the game. Need a patch quick for this. Also, another issue needing to be fixed is when you are running a pass play there is no time for receivers to run their routes before you get sacked. That is also irritating. Just a mad NCAA gamer here.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1
One thing would fix most of these issues. Make the field bigger or players smaller. The ratio of player size to field size is off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19

on another post, they said you have to use the left stick and point it upwards while throwing to add more loft to the ball.
Ive tried this, and it seems to work. the only time it doesnt work is when my qb is being pressured, so that might just be me, rushing a pass without proper mechanics.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

lack of competition for EA
but in game I would fix the pass interference issue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
on another post, they said you have to use the left stick and point it upwards while throwing to add more loft to the ball.
Ive tried this, and it seems to work. the only time it doesnt work is when my qb is being pressured, so that might just be me, rushing a pass without proper mechanics.
No, this is incorrect. Ben said so in the interview he did a couple weeks back, even laughed about it. It's all a placebo.

Agree that ball trajectory is terrible. I don't think that's something that can be fixed with a patch, it's likely more complicated than that.

Just amazing that the people who are paid to work on this game -- I assume that's their only job and that they put a lot of hours into it -- can't fathom what is obvious to anyone who plays this game for even a couple of hours.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 09-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #7
Rookie

carefreedvp's Arena

OVR: 2

with you on all of this...the freakishly athletic ways the LB's jump and the hyperawareness of hte defenders. Got sacked 9 times in a game the other night and I have the pass rush and pass blocking settings doctored...getting to the point where I'm just about done with the game due to the coverages and what not...Also, have pass intereference ratcheted up to 100 for both offense and defense and have seen one call in 20 dynasty games.
Rutgers

Carefree wherever you may be
We are the famous CFC
We don't give a f#$@ whoever you may be
We are the famous CFC

XBL Tag: CFCDVP
Old 09-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree, cgalligan. I'm a big fan of hitting TEs over the middle of the field, but with NCAA '12, I can no longer do that most of the time because of what you mentioned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »