Home

Madden 12 (Offline) Fantasy Draft Planner

This is a discussion on Madden 12 (Offline) Fantasy Draft Planner within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-02-2011, 12:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 12 (Offline) Fantasy Draft Planner

Hi all, I'm new to the OS Community so if there is a better place for this information, feel free to tell me / relocate. Couldn't find a more appropriate spot.

One of my favorite parts of playing Madden is to start a Franchise mode with a Fantasy Draft. I decided to finally put some planning into this year's version, and I thought I'd share my results in case they would prove useful to anyone else.

What I did was sim an entire fantasy draft and go back through the results, taking note of which positions the CPU drafted in which round. I've always found myself thinking 'I really want (insert player here), and he's at the top of the draft board in his position, but can I wait another round or two?' This will help you answer that question.

There is obviously some randomness to it, and user interference may cause the CPU to alter its strategy, but the projections on the sheet are surprisingly consistent.

The file is a grid, showing the different positions and each round of the draft. The intersection of the two shows the lowest overall ranking for a player at that position that was drafted in that round. (i.e. '82' at the intersection of DE and Round 7 indicates that the lowest rated DE taken in Round 7 was an 82 OVR.) This can help you identify 'runs' on a position, i.e. Rounds 5-8 for Guard goes 89-84-82-79. This means guards will be flying off the board during these rounds.

A blank square indicates no player from that position was selected during that round. For example, no QB is selected in Rounds 3-8. In round 3, Matt Ryan was the top QB on the board. Without these numbers, you might be tempted to get a QB while you can, but the sheet tells you that you could wait another five rounds and still get the same guy.

Also, from what I could tell, the computer always drafts the highest OVR ranking at a position; in other words, it will never skip over 29 year old Jerricho Cotchery (OVR 79) and draft 22 year old Julio Jones (OVR 78) instead, despite their obvious differences in upside.

This is all based off of one simulation, with salary cap and pre-existing injuries OFF. As roster updates are released, it will probably become outdated, but for now, maybe it will help someone. Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fantasy Draft Planner.pdf (34.5 KB, 3280 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 12 (Offline) Fantasy Draft Planner

My buddies and I used to do this on last gen. maddens, set up and know where everyone would get drafted in fantasy drafts, but i don't do fantasy drafts anymore i think the realistic feel of real teams is better...

Oh and this isn't the place for this. It will be moved.

MADDEN16 very soon!
EA Access Soon Too
UPGRADED Xbox ONE - About Time!
Old 09-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
Rookie

I've been waiting for someone to post something like this...thanks a bunch!
Old 09-03-2011, 10:09 PM   #4
Rookie

Thumbs up Re: Madden 12 (Offline) Fantasy Draft Planner

Very helpful info, thanks!
Old 09-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks, this is very helpful. I'm still looking for a bunch of composite fantasy drafts but maybe no one is going to bother gathering all the data.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I was the only one here doing this for 09, 10, and 11. I don't have Madden 12 yet, and I like to wait until at least the week 1 roster update before I start one anyway.

If you want to put one together, I say go for it! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...aft-guide.html

[EDIT: I don't know why OS breaks my link? I just copied and pasted the address bar from my other thread.]

Last edited by PGaither84; 09-05-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupprupp29
Hi all, I'm new to the OS Community so if there is a better place for this information, feel free to tell me / relocate. Couldn't find a more appropriate spot.

One of my favorite parts of playing Madden is to start a Franchise mode with a Fantasy Draft. I decided to finally put some planning into this year's version, and I thought I'd share my results in case they would prove useful to anyone else.

What I did was sim an entire fantasy draft and go back through the results, taking note of which positions the CPU drafted in which round. I've always found myself thinking 'I really want (insert player here), and he's at the top of the draft board in his position, but can I wait another round or two?' This will help you answer that question.

There is obviously some randomness to it, and user interference may cause the CPU to alter its strategy, but the projections on the sheet are surprisingly consistent.

The file is a grid, showing the different positions and each round of the draft. The intersection of the two shows the lowest overall ranking for a player at that position that was drafted in that round. (i.e. '82' at the intersection of DE and Round 7 indicates that the lowest rated DE taken in Round 7 was an 82 OVR.) This can help you identify 'runs' on a position, i.e. Rounds 5-8 for Guard goes 89-84-82-79. This means guards will be flying off the board during these rounds.

A blank square indicates no player from that position was selected during that round. For example, no QB is selected in Rounds 3-8. In round 3, Matt Ryan was the top QB on the board. Without these numbers, you might be tempted to get a QB while you can, but the sheet tells you that you could wait another five rounds and still get the same guy.

Also, from what I could tell, the computer always drafts the highest OVR ranking at a position; in other words, it will never skip over 29 year old Jerricho Cotchery (OVR 79) and draft 22 year old Julio Jones (OVR 78) instead, despite their obvious differences in upside.

This is all based off of one simulation, with salary cap and pre-existing injuries OFF. As roster updates are released, it will probably become outdated, but for now, maybe it will help someone. Enjoy!
Anyone use this yet? how does it fair?
Old 09-06-2011, 04:44 PM   #8
Rookie

the chart seems that it will be very useful. but player wise who would you recommend picking up over other players

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »