Home

Read Option dead?

This is a discussion on Read Option dead? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
Rookie

CHIEFxxROCKEM's Arena

OVR: 8
Read Option dead?

What happened to it? I can run it all game and rush for negative yards. It was effective last year and now its no more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
All Star

BGarrett7's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Read Option dead?

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. I had a lot of success with it last year, even with QBs that weren't all that mobile, just because of being able to make a good read on the defense. Now, it just seems like it's a busted play every time. Hopefully, like with the PA last year, it'll be tweaked to a useable point with the tuner set.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGarrett7
Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. I had a lot of success with it last year, even with QBs that weren't all that mobile, just because of being able to make a good read on the defense. Now, it just seems like it's a busted play every time. Hopefully, like with the PA last year, it'll be tweaked to a useable point with the tuner set.
EA is addressing the option in the patch.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus A Rowe
They should. The blocking assignments are wrong, and the WR's blocking is horrendous. Add in how fast the CPU changes direction and gets to full speed...and the option is a waste of memory on this game.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:13 PM   #5
Rookie

CHIEFxxROCKEM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus A Rowe
That's the thing. It was perfect last year and then 12 comes out and its partially broke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 10:26 PM   #6
Rookie

jjkwik's Arena

OVR: 2

Im actually not having a lot of difficulty running it. Im not breaking 15-20 yard runs every time, but i usually get around 6-7 yards each time. there are times where i lose yards, but thats to be expected with any run play. you just HAVE to make sure you make the right read.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:30 PM   #7
Rookie

CHIEFxxROCKEM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkwik
Im actually not having a lot of difficulty running it. Im not breaking 15-20 yard runs every time, but i usually get around 6-7 yards each time. there are times where i lose yards, but thats to be expected with any run play. you just HAVE to make sure you make the right read.
That's not the problem. What usually happens is after you make the read, the DL that you were reading makes the play on the RB and QB or someone on the DL does the peak-a-boo swim move and makes the tackle
Old 08-29-2011, 10:47 PM   #8
Ice Cold

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Yeah, it's a blocking problem which EA said will be addressed. Whether it actually works or not, we'll have to see once the patch drops.

The only time I have some success running the read is out of the pistol, but even then it's a fairly low % of success. I don't want it to be easy to run the option, it just needs to work like it should. I have no problem getting stopped for not making the right read or something like that. But this is different, the blocks just aren't right.

Last edited by NoDakHusker; 08-29-2011 at 10:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »