Home

Bob's Franchise Roster+Draft Class

This is a discussion on Bob's Franchise Roster+Draft Class within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Bob's Franchise Roster+Draft Classes (PS3 only)

Hello, its been a long time since I did some work on Madden but this is the thread for my new Roster and Draft class. Unfortunately I don't think the Draft Class is going to be anything special, I just simmed it up, but most guys are there (except Alshon Jeffery who stayed for his senior year).

Now as for my roster, I have tried to do a few updates (like adding Kerry Collins back into the game) but for the most part I've added a few undrafted QBs and some other players who were overlooked by EA.

Players added

Jeremiah Masoli-Free Agent: undrafted out of Ole Miss
I think I may have his catch rating a little high but this is done because there's lots of things you can do with him, try to use him as a QB, a power runner, or maybe even a fullback.

Adam Froman- QB, Atlanta Falcons: undrafted out of Louisville
a dual threat guy, not a great arm but he's smart and has room to grow. Did I mention he can run?

Adam Weber-QB, Denver Broncos: undrafted out of Minnesota
A little small but he's got a good arm. According to some in the Broncos he's better than Tim Tebow.

Andy Fantuz-WR, Chicago Bears: from the CFL (Saskatchewan Roughriders)
This guy is really interesting, a huge possession receiver from the CFL. He's about the same size or bigger than some of the biggest tight ends out there, however he's not really an amazing blocker. Fantuz is a big target as a possession receiver but he can be shut down in coverage.

Marcus Sherels-CB, Minnesota Vikings: undrafted out of Minnesota
Sherels is probably going to earn himself a roster spot based on his performance in the pre-season. He pick-sixed Tarvaris Jackson one play after fumbling a kickoff return and sacked Jon Kitna lats week against the Cowboys. What can I say, I'm a Sherels fan.

Ryan Perrilloux-QB, New York Giants: undrafted out of Jacksonville State (formerly attended LSU)
Perrilloux's time in the NFL started with a try out for the Minnesota Vikings. After getting passed over for Joe Webb, he found himself on the Hardford Colonials in the UFL. Perrilloux was on track to succeed Matt Flynn but off the field issues and failed drug tests lead to his dismissal by LSU. Very strong arm, and very athletic, Perrilloux likes to be careful with the football.

Kerry Collins-QB, Indianapolis Colts: The latest Madden roster I have does not include Collins as he retired in the off season, so I had to cap him back in so he could backup Peyton Manning.

Now for the old and retired players (Favre and Moss are listed as Punters to keep them from being signed right away in free agency, sign them if you want them or just leave them as free agent Punters if you don't).

Brett Favre-QB, Free Agent: I'm afraid that just mentioning his name will start a comeback rumor.

Randy Moss-WR, Free Agent: If he comes back, he's going to be pretty fired up so I have left most of Randy's ratings high.

Marc Bulger-QB, Free Agent: He is actually with all the other QBs so a team could sign him. I figure that you never know, Bulger could have a change of heart about his retirement and would probably listen to any offers.

Daunte Culpepper-QB, Free Agent: For those who didn't hear, Pep worked out for and was nearly signed by the San Francisco 49ers. He's trying to make it back into the NFL. Culpepper actually looked REALLY good at times in the UFL even if he's never going to regain 2004 form. His stats reflect where I think he is right now after watching some tape of him in the UFL.

Jeff Garcia-QB, Free Agent: Garcia is another UFL alumnus but his time as a professional football player is probably over at age 41. Still, he's very smart and scrappy so I'm including him just because he is an interesting guy to have under center.

Jeff George-QB, Free Agent: It will never happen, but here is another really fun QB to play as. Before you even look at the stats, I'll tell you straight out, don't run or you will fumble. Don't roll out or you will fumble. Don't get hit while still carrying the ball because YOU WILL FUMBLE. Oh also don't try to throw on the run, its not pretty. That said I have somewhat unrealistically (considering he's almost 43) kept Geroge's freakish arm strength so he can still launch a football into low earth orbit. Really the only reason I'm including him is that he is on of my favorite CAPs that I made for Madden 11. BOMBS AWAY!!

Bob's Roster
http://www.mediafire.com/?q9p0rfnac3q4bfx

Bob's Draft class set (I wanted to add that this is based on a roster released by buckeye02 and Gaitorbait, you can find it in the NCAA forums)
http://www.mediafire.com/?1th48zas5kxf5nd

This draft class set gives you classes from 2012-2017. The reason I went so long is because I added Barry Sanders Jr. and Sterling Shepard as freshman prospects as of 2013. I was only controlling OSU and I managed to get them to land Barry (I know he hasn't actually decided what College he is going to) but Shepard ended up going to Oregon (even though in reality he has committed to OU). Both of them stayed in for 4 years and I just kept simmming until they left, both of them should be part of the 2017 class.

Bob's Draft class set 2.0
http://www.mediafire.com/?5do8wxbdf37u97r
So here is the new set based on luvtotha9s (http://luvtotha9srosters.forumotion.com/) new NCAA Roster. Both Jeffery and Blackmon don't come out until 2013 in this one. I may consider doing a 3rd draft set aimed at making a more realistic 2012 draft (namely by making certain guys seniors so they get forced into the draft). But I'll leave that for now.

For those of you who are new to this, you need to download Winrar (http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm) to open the compressed file. Once you do that just copy the PS3 folder on to a USB flash drive and plug it in to your PS3. After you do that, turn the PS3, find the USB drive (it should be under the "Game" icon) access the drive and press triangle to copy the data on to your PS3 HDD. After this you can start Madden and use the files

Have Fun.

Another thing I should add. I'm a Vikings fan so I edited a few ratings of players on the Vikings, namely Joe Webb and Erin Henderson. I made Webb a bit faster/more maneuverable since his ratings here are a little lower than I think they should be. Erin Henderson's ratings I pumped up (I raised tackling up by a bit) because his 62 OVR rating was too low in my opinion. He's not some amazing pro-bowler, and probably not even as good as Ben Leber was, but he's been on fire in the pre-season, tackling just about whatever he sees. I think him and his brother (hopefully they re-sign E.J. next year) have a promising future in Minnesota.

Last edited by bobthenailer; 08-31-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Bob's Franchise Roster+Draft Class

Jeff George I love it!!!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcguire
Jeff George I love it!!!!!
It even looks like him, what with the eye paint and everything. I wish there was some way that you could edit your players and choose what kind of celebration they would do. I would LOVE to see the Jeff George fist pump in Madden!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Am I doing something wrong? I downloaded both and under PS3 and SAVEDATA they both show BLUS30770-ROSTER-BOB1
Old 08-29-2011, 08:09 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiles880
Am I doing something wrong? I downloaded both and under PS3 and SAVEDATA they both show BLUS30770-ROSTER-BOB1
nope that's my bad I'll fix it now just wait a moment

Ok should be fixed now

Last edited by bobthenailer; 08-29-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
Rookie

Will you be uploading any more years of draft classes?
Old 08-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcguire
Will you be uploading any more years of draft classes?
Yeah working on that now. Its taking a little while because I am adding two prospects out of Oklahoma...
Old 08-29-2011, 08:53 PM   #8
Rookie

Sweet thanks for doing this...then I can continue my Jets franchise. Although really tempted to restarted with Jeff George, are last names pronounced like his and Favres and Moss?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »